This S’more Ice Cream Cake takes s’mores to the next level with a crisp graham cracker crust, layers of dark chocolate and vanilla ice cream, and a billowy toasted meringue!
Why hello there sweet Princess Pinky Girl readers! It’s Claire from The Sweet, Simple Life back with some more sweet, ice creamy goodness, S’more Ice Cream Cake! (Seriously, I promise I can make more than just ice cream… but you gotta admit, it’s pretty hard to beat).
Can you believe we’re already into May?! Am I the only one over here like “Whaaaaaaaaat?!”
I know, I know. But we all know what’s just around the corner, am I right? SUMMER. And more importantly ICE CREAM AND S’MORE SEASON. Priorities folks, gotta have priorities.
If you’re not familiar with my blog you might not know that I’m slightly obsessed with s’mores. Ok, ok, I can feel my readers already calling me out… MAJORLY obsessed with s’mores.
Can you blame me, though? Chocolate… vanilla… crisp graham crackery goodness… MARSHMALLOW. Does it get any better?
In case you’re wondering the only right answer here is no. Unless you were going to say s’more ice cream cake, in which case I’m sending a virtual high five your way. Because let’s be honest, s’mores + ice cream = a match made in s’more heaven.
Which is EXACTLY what we’ve got going here: crisp, buttery graham cracker crust, dark chocolate and vanilla ice cream, crisp semi sweet chocolate and a toasted, billowy meringue that’s too die for!
S'more Ice Cream Cake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs approx. 9 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until completely combined. Spoon the mixture into the bottom of a parchment paper lined loaf pan and press firmly into place.
- Soften 1 pint of chocolate ice cream and pour over the graham cracker crust. Freeze until firm (about 15-20 minutes).
- Soften 1 pint of vanilla ice cream and stir in the semi sweet chocolate chips. Spread the vanilla ice cream over the chocolate ice cream and freeze until completely hardened (about 2-3 hours or overnight).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the egg whites and granulated sugar. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water (a double boiler) and heat, whisking occasionally, until the mixture is hot and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the boiling water, return it to the stand mixer, and whip until stiff peaks form and the frosting has cooled to room temperature. Add the vanilla extract and whip until just combined.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and spread a generous helping of the meringue over the top. Toast with a chef's torch.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!