Looking for new ways to make s’mores,? Then these S’mores Bites will be your new favorite S’mores recipe that you can make in the oven all year round! They have been shared MILLIONS of times on Facebook and Pinterest. That’s because they are amazing!!
Easy S’more Bites
Sure, some people may think s’mores are only for a warm summer night. But, with this amazingly delicious S’more Bites, you will be able to enjoy them all year round! This s’mores recipe isn’t just for summer anymore! (love indoor s’mores – try these s’mores bars too!)
When I tell you that this may be THE most ridiculously good dessert that I have made… I am totally not kidding! These s’more bites are sick…. I mean sick in the good way, not the yucky way!
The best news is that they are not only amazing, but they are also crazy easy to make – If I can make this ANYONE can!
Can you make s’mores at home in your oven?
Heck yes, you can make s’mores in your oven! You not only can make s’mores in your oven, but you may never make s’mores over a campfire again after you try these s’mores recipe – Mini S’mores Bites!
What’s in a S’more?
S’mores can be whatever you want them to be, but the traditional version of the s’more includes:
- Graham Crackers
If you are like me, you may like to spice them up a bit and go gourmet s’more!
What is in a Gourmet S’more?
Think out of the traditional s’mores recipe box here! I love to include other ingredients like:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- York Peppermint Patty
- Almond Joy
- Sweetened Coconut
But we are here to talk about one of my favorite desserts of all times, Mini S’mores Bites!
Word of caution…. my friend Maria and I were making these the other day and let’s just say we may have gotten a little bit distracted while they were in the oven on broil!
That batch – not so great – little too toasted :), but the second batch – incredible!! Just stay alert and keep an eye on the oven when finishing them off! (we get distracted easily!)
- Graham cracker crumbs – I prefer the store-bought crumbs as opposed to breaking them up yourself. I think they just work better!
- Powdered sugar
- Reese’s mini peanut butter cups or Hershey bars
- Mini muffin or cupcake pan (24 count total)
How to Make S’more Bites
- Mix together the ingredients for the crust (butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar). SEE IMPORTANT NOTES BELOW ON CRUST!) Bake crust.
- Place chocolate or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in each cup. Top with half of a marshmallow.
- Place in oven on broil and watch them like a hawk! You will just want them to brown about 1-2 minutes. They will burn so don’t take your eyes off of them.
Important note on crust
When adding the melted butter to the crust, some people find that there is too much butter and it pools in the mixture. My recommendation is to slowly add the butter and mix it in a little at a time until your mixture looks like the picture below.
If it does not look like the photo below and you are finding your butter is pooling or it is too wet, you should add some additional graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar to achieve the consistency as pictured.
The graham crackers that you use absorb differently and this will determine how much butter you will want to add. You want the mixture to be moist, but not wet.
The butter should not pool, but the mixture should stick together when you press it into the pan for the crust.
All things s’mores! Check out all of the great s’mores recipes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5-6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 Marshmallows
- Reese's mini peanut butter cups or Hershey bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease mini-muffin pan with non-stick butter spray
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a "cup".
- Bake for 5 minutes
- While they are baking cut 12 large marshmallows in half
- Remove the pans from the oven and place either one Reese's or two sections of a Hershey bar in the graham cracker cup and cover with 1/2 of marshmallow (cut side facing down)
- Turn your oven on broil
- Put the pan back in and broil for 2 minutes (WATCH THEM!!) Take them out as soon as they start to brown
- Let cool for one hour
- Use a teaspoon or knife to wedge under the s'more cups and they should just pop right out!
Originally Published June 29, 2014
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!