Our Rotel Dip combines the bold flavors of ground beef, Rotel tomatoes, and creamy Velveeta. This dip is a surefire hit for any party. Just 3 ingredients and quick to prepare, it’s a versatile dip that’s as perfect for chips as it is for veggies.
Table of Contents
Why we love Rotel Dip
Rotel Dip is all about easy cooking and big flavors. Just three ingredients – ground beef, Rotel, and Velveeta cheese – and you’ve got a no-fuss, tasty dip that’s perfect for any kitchen skill level. It’s the ideal go-to for a quick snack or greeting surprise guests.
What’s great about this dip is how versatile it is. It’s more than just a dip; it’s awesome in tacos, burritos, or even as a cheesy topping for potatoes. This dip fits in just about anywhere, making it a real crowd-pleaser.
And let’s talk taste – it’s amazing. The creamy Velveeta, spicy Rotel tomatoes, and hearty beef come together for a perfect mix of creamy, tangy, and savory. It’s this killer flavor combo that makes Rotel Dip a hit at any gathering.
Rotel Dip Ingredients
- Ground beef – Cooked and crumbled ground beef adds a savory depth to the dip, making it more substantial and satisfying.
- Rotel tomatoes – These are canned diced tomatoes with green chilies. They add a tangy and slightly spicy kick to the dip, balancing the creaminess of the cheese.
- Velveeta cheese – This provides a smooth, creamy base for the dip. Velveeta melts beautifully, creating a rich and velvety texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste (OPTIONAL)
Rotel Cheese Dip Substitutions
- Meat: Sometimes, I make this recipe with ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef. I have also made this into a Rotel sausage dip using ground hot or spicy sausage.
- Canned Rotel Tomatoes: If you don’t have a can of Rotel, you can substitute a jar of salsa. You won’t get the same flavor, but it will be close!
- Spice: I suggest adding more green chiles if you like a little heat in your dip!
- Cheese: You can add an 8-ounce block of cream cheese to make it extra creamy. You can use a Mexican blend or cheddar cheese if you don’t want to use Velveeta cheese.
How to Make Rotel Dip
Rotel Dip couldn’t be easier to make!
- In a large pot, brown the meat on medium heat and drain.
- Add Rotel tomatoes and cheese to the pot. (Note, do not drain the canned Rotel)
- Stir until melted.
Rotel Dip Recipe with Cream Cheese
If you are not a fan of Velveeta cheese, feel free to swap it out for an 8-ounce bar of cream cheese (use the full-fat version). I would recommend also adding in 1/4 – 1/2 cup cheddar cheese as well.
How to store Velveeta and Rotel Dip
- In Fridge: Cover and store in your fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- In Freezer: Store in an airtight container for up to three months.
More Easy Dips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes 10 oz
- 1 16-ounce box Velveeta cheese 16 oz
- Place the ground beef in a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Brown the beef until no longer pink.1 pound ground beef
- Cut the Velveeta into chunks (this will help it melt faster)1 16-ounce box Velveeta cheese
- Add the whole can of Rotel tomatoes and stir in the Velveeta cheese. Stir frequently until the cheese is completely melted.1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm along with your favorite dipping foods!
Make your next party a success with this awesome Rotel dip recipe!