Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies made with cake mix and frosting are the easiest Easter Dessert ever! A fun Easter baking project for you and your kids!
I am always looking for fun project for Easter to make with my kids (like my Bunny Butt Cookies) and these Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies are their all time favorite!
We love to craft with food and holiday’s are the perfect opportunity to get creative and make some fun food crafts.
However, in order to pass our approval process, not only does the food craft need to be delicious, it needs to be easy as well!
That’s why we love these Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies. Not only are they so easy to make, they use one of our favorite food hacks, Cake Mix Cookies!
That’s right, the cookies are made out of cake mix and only 3 other ingredients!
We love Cake Mix Hacks here! You can find a whole mess of ways to create delicious treats using a box of cake mix!
But back to our Easter Bunny Cut-Out Cookies! This Easter treat is so easy to make.
You can really use any type of cookie recipe and for that matter, this could easily be used with any type of cute cookie cutter to make other cute cut out cookies (think Halloween, or Christmas, or Valentine’s Day!).
Just find your cookie cutter of choice and follow the directions on our printable recipe card below!
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive
instructions, please see the recipe card at the end
of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important
stuff in the blurb!
How do you make Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies?
It’s super easy. You just need to have the following ingredients:
For the Cookies:
- white cake mix, any brand
- vegetable oil
For the Frosting (or you can buy pre-made frosting to make it even easier):
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring
Don’t forget to grab your Mini Easter Bunny cookie cutter (affiliate link)
Love this Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookie recipe?
More Easy Easter Desserts
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Rice Krispie Treat Robin’s Nests
- Easter Basket Sugar Cookies
- Bunny Butt Cookies
- Easter Sugar Cookie House
- Easter Bunny Bark
- Spring Flower Pretzel Bites
Easter Bunny Cut Out Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and flour.
- Roll the dough into 2" balls and place 2"-3" a part on a baking sheet. You will want to try and make an even number of cookies - tops and bottoms.
- Bake 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. (optional: use store bought frosting)
- Add in a few drops of pink food coloring.
- Use the mini bunny cookie cutter to cut out bunny shape in half of the cookies.
- Generously frosting a second cookie.
- Place the cut out cookie on top of the frosted cookie.
- Repeat with all cookies.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes
Bunny Butt Cookies – These are one of our favorite Easter Desserts!
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies – these are all great for Easter! They are so bright and springy!!
Edible Cookie Dough – After all, the cookie dough is the best part of the cookies!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!