These Chocolate Easter Birds Nests are super quick to cook up and the pretzels and chocolate make a delicious sweet and salty Easter treat! They are no-bake AND only use 5 ingredients!
There are tons of cute Easter treats around, but none as yummy as these Chocolate Easter Birds Nests. Give me some sweet and salty treats and day of the week and I am a happy girl!
Even better, this a very easy recipe, and it is NO BAKE and only uses 5 ingredients!! That’s right only FIVE ingredients!
Have you seen our cute Easter Rice Krispie Robins Nests made from Rice Krispie Treats? Well these are even easier (if that is even possible!!)
One of my favorite things to do is go to the movie with a big bucket of popcorn and a box of M&M’s. That must be why I am always partial to the sweet and salty combination. I can pass up ice cream any time, but give me some salt and chocolate and I am done for!
As soon as the Easter crafts and recipes start hitting Facebook and Pinterest, I am happy! It means that Spring is around the corner, which means warmer weather and the end of the Winter hibernation.
Spring also means all things sweet and pastel! I love to create food crafts and these Chocolate Easter Birds Nests are all of these things rolled into one! Sweet, pastel and cute treats!
Looking for a fun Easter craft to make with the kids? Check out this adorable Easter Bunny Handprint Craft!
Easter treats are just so much fun! I mean come on, who doesn’t love some good Bunny Butt Cookies? Or these cute Sugar Cookie Easter Baskets? Seriously, there are just too many possibilities for Easter desserts! My family is legit on sugar overload and Easter isn’t even here yet!
So like I said, these Pretzel Nests are REALLY easy to make! You only need 5 ingredients!
- Chocolate Chips
- Buttercream Frosting
- Green Food Coloring
- Candy Eggs
They only take about 20 minutes to make and they are a great project to do with your kids over Spring Break.
Chocolate Easter Birds Nests
- 2 cups pretzels broken into little pieces
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Buttercream frosting
- Green food coloring
- Candy eggs
- Grease your muffin tin making sure to coat each section with either butter or cooking spray
- Using the double boiler method, melt chocolate chips OR carefully melt them in the microwave (but stir often). Remove from heat and fold in pretzels.
- Scoop and place coated pretzels in the muffin tin. You will want to gently press them in to the muffin tin, forming the shape of a nest. Use your thumb or the rounded end of a wooden spoon to indent the center of the treat.
- Allow to cool completely (about 1 hour).
- While the nests are cooling and setting, mix the green food coloring in to the buttercream frosting, until you achieve the desired color.
- Remove the nests from the muffin tin. Frost the center and add candy eggs. Enjoy!
Other Great Easter Treats
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!