Chewy Chocolate Chunk and Sea Salt Cookies
My friend Jayme is my go to cookie source. She makes the most ridiculous cookies! They are incredible and make me want to just skip dinner and go right for dessert! Last night she outdid herself with this Toll House cookie adaptation of Chewy Chocolate Chunk & Sea Salt Cookies – these are a MUST try!!
Here is what you need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (grind up in a blender or Cuisinart)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened and at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 12 oz package Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Sea Salt
Here is what you do:
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE EVERYTHING BY hand! Start with flour, baking soda, oatmeal and salt in small bowl. Mix in butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle (lightly) the sea salt on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Looking for some other yummy and easy dessert recipes?
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!