These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft jumbo chocolate chip cookie stuffed with ooey-gooey delicious caramel and baked until golden brown.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – sigh…. Just look at that beauty. Soak it in.
This is cookie perfection, people. I consider myself to be a chocolate chip cookie expert. A connoisseur, if you will. They are my favorite thing in the whole world to eat.
Hello again, Princess Pinky readers! It’s Nicole from Simple and Seasonal. I’m excited to share this month’s recipe with you!
For this recipe, I took my recipe for giant chocolate chip cookies and then stuffed them with caramel for a gooey, glorious treat.
Table of Contents
For some reason, caramel always makes me think of fall. Maybe it’s because of caramel apples? Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall…, I’m always ready to start making comfort food, baking, and eating caramel, pumpkin and apple flavored goodies!
Love caramel? You must try Princess Pinky Girl’s famous Caramel Apple Crisp Bites – these are seriously delicious and really easy to eat (I mean make)! Also, we are currently obsessed with this Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – it is eggless so safe to eat raw!
Now back to the caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookies – the reason why you are all here!
Pro tips for making our caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookies:
- Don’t refrigerate the dough-it dries it out too much (this isn’t a wet dough to begin with) and then the cookies get too crispy and don’t spread well.
- Line the baking pans with (affiliate link) a silicone baking mat or parchment paper in case of caramel “leakage.”
- Don’t cool the cookies on a wire cooling rack. Just place them on wax or parchment paper on the counter and let them cool. Otherwise, you’ll end up with hollowed out centers in every cookie because gravity is working against you. Ask me how I know.
If you love our Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, try some of our other favorite cookie recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3-Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies – Quick, quick, quick!
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Healthy Breakfast Cookie – A HEALTHY COOKIE!!
- The Perfect Meringue Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pizookie – That’s right – pizza meets cookie! – Grab a spoon!
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vanilla pudding mix for baking (see link in instructions) or use one box (3.4 oz) instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6-12 caramel squares one or two per cookie, depending on how much caramel you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and combined.
- Add the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, soda, salt and vanilla pudding mix until evenly mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you go. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of dough and roll it into a ball. Gently press down on the center, creating a “well” for the caramel.
- Add one or two (unwrapped) caramel squares to the well in the cookie dough.
- Measure out another 1/4 cup of dough, and cover the caramel with it. Roll up the whole thing (a total of 1/2 cup of dough) into a neat ball. Place it on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet. DO NOT FLATTEN.
- Place only 3 cookies on a sheet and space them out so there’s plenty of room for spreading. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. Allow them to cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving.
Remember, these cookies are BIG. They are perfect for wrapping up individually for a bake sale or giving as gifts. Just be sure to save one or two for yourself! Check out Simple and Seasonal for more great recipes and seasonal ideas!