So it is possible I may be a little obsessed with making things out of melted candy! Ever since my Peppermint Candy Dish and Peppermint Shot glasses, I have been busy in my kitchen melting away! Today I want to share with you one of my personal favorites – DIY Peppermint Candy Spoons – eeeeeeeekkkkkkk these are SOOOO cute and, of course, they are really easy to make! Disclosure, you do need a silicon spoon mold. I got mine here (click link) – it says it is for microwaving chocolate, but I used it in my oven over and over – no problem!
Here is what you need:
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a ziplock bag, crush the peppermints (I used a kitchen mallet).
- Use a teaspoon to fill the spoon mold with the crushed peppermint – be sure to put extra by the top of the spoon part and at the neck of the spoon (where the spoon and handle meet). These are areas that break easy.
- Place in oven and let melt completely. Mine took about 10 minutes, but every oven is different and you just have to watch it. Once it was pretty melts (about 8 minutes in or so) I took mine out and added some additional crushed peppermint wherever it looked thin. (the peppermint melts down a bunch, so you may have to fill it in) – then I let it cook for a few minutes longer.
- Take out of oven and let cool completely.
- Separate the sides from the candy carefully and remove. If one breaks, just add some more crushed peppermint and cook for a few minutes more.
WATCH THE HOW TO VIDEO!!
Looking for some more easy DIY ideas?? Just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!