You may have seen my recent post on how to make a Peppermint Candy Bowl.
Well, let’s just say that since then I have been trying to make anything and everything out of Peppermint candies! My latest is the Peppermint Candy Shot Glass! They came out super cute, but a few caveats…
- Your finger tips could get a little burnt
- You need to make sure there are no little holes in the “glasses” BEFORE pouring anything in
- They are fragile
- You can only use them once
- Pour them right when you are ready to use them…..AND, they still may leak!!
If you agree to these possible conditions…. please read on! (Don’t yell at me in the comments…. you have been warned!)
Here is what you need:
- Peppermint Starlight Mints – 7 per glass
- Silicon Baking Liner (or parchment paper)
- Baking Sheet
- A glass shot glass
Here is what you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- Place silicon baking liner or parchment paper on baking sheet
- Lay one mint in the center of the baking liner. Take six more mints and lay the mints around the center mint (making a flower type of shape).
- Place in the oven. Now, this is important because all ovens cook differently. You MUST watch them cook. When they start to get shiny and just begin to spread out and melt – they are done! You do not want them so melted that they are bubbling.
- Have your small glass shot glass upside down and ready to go – you are going to use this to mold the candy glass.
- Take them out and let them sit for about 30 seconds – you want them cool enough to handle, but not too cool that they are set.
- Carefully (very carefully – you may want to use oven mitts because the mints are going to be super hot) flip the silicon liner with the mints in place, on top of the upside down glass. Try to place the center mint as close to the center of the glass as possible. Now use your hand (with oven mitts on) to form the mints to the bowl. You will have under a minute before the mints start to harden again.
- Let it sit on the glass until it sets.
- Remove it from the glass and let cool completely.
- Fill with drink of your choice and enjoy!
Looking for some other easy DIY gifts – just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!