Our Ooey Gooey S’mores Dip may be the definition of easy dessert! All you need are two ingredients (melted chocolate and golden brown marshmallows) and about 15 minutes to make this crowd-pleasing dessert! Grab some fruit, graham crackers or cookies for dipping (or just a spoon!)
Easy S’mores Dip Recipe
We love S’mores! To my family s’mores means that summer has finally arrived. However, living in Michigan, we don’t always want to wait for summer to enjoy all of the deliciousness wrapped up in a s’more!
That’s were S’mores Dip comes into play. Game changer – you can have s’mores all year round with this quick and simple homemade s’mores dip recipe! That’s right – we are making s’mores in the oven!
There is just something about s’mores that brings my inner camping child out. Maybe it’s the fluffy toasted marshmallows combined with the melted milk chocolate and smooshed between two crunchy graham crackers!
Well now I can enjoy my s’mores all year round and I couldn’t be happier!
S’mores Dip Ingredients
You really don’t need anything more to make s’mores dip than what you would use in classic s’mores!
- Hershey Bars – For this recipe, you will need about 6 full-sized Hershey Bars (standard size), but you can also substitute with any type of chocolate. We have also used chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet) if you are in a pinch and they work just fine! (Want to really shake things up, if you use chocolate chips, mix in some peanut butter chips or caramel chips!)
- Marshmallows – We used regular-sized marshmallows, but mini marshmallows will work fine too. The mini marshmallows just take a little more time to place along the top of the chocolate (especially if you are nutty like me and want them placed just so!)
I have heard of some people using marshmallow fluff or marshmallow creme to make smores dip, but we prefer using the classic chocolate and marshmallow combination!
We used a cast-iron skillet or pan for our recipe, but if you don’t have one, you can still make this s’mores dip without a skillet, just use a regular baking dish. You just lose a little of the WOW factor! Not sure why, but it just looks so cool in the cast iron pan!
How to make S’mores Dip
It couldn’t be any easier to make s’mores dip!
First, you will want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your cast iron skillet or your baking dish.
Then place the chocolate in a single layer along the bottom of the pan. Top the chocolate with the marshmallows. I like to line them up if using a square dish or create circles with them if using a round skillet. Fill them in completely.
Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown.
PRO-TIP: Be sure to watch them, you don’t want to scorch the marshmallows! All ovens cook differently, so keep an eye on them towards the end of baking)
Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
Serve right in your baking dish.
What to dip in s’mores dip?
Another great thing about making s’mores into a dip is that you are dipping, not sandwiching! This opens up a world of possibilities with what you can pair your s’mores with! Dipping is so much easier than layer and trying to bite into a heaping s’more sandwich!
Here are some of our favorite things to dip in s’mores dip!
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla Wafer cookies
- Pretzels (sweet and salty – YUM!)
- Ritz crackers
- Potato chips
- Apple slices
More Fun S’mores Recipes
- Campfire Cones – MUST TRY!
- S’mores Hand Pies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
- S’mores Bark
- Indoor S’mores
- S’mores Bites – TRY to eat just one!
- Copycat Starbucks S’mores Bars
- S’mores Snack Mix – Addictive!
- S’mores Trifle
- 6 1.55 ounce Hershey’s chocolate bars standard size
- 16 oz Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your cast iron skillet or baking dish
- Place chocolate in a single layer along the bottom of the pan or dish. Top the chocolate with marshmallows.
- Place in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, until marshmallows are golden. Watch carefully because the marshmallows can burn.
- Let sit and cool for about 5 minutes, then serve directly in baking dish.
- Serve with graham crackers, fruit, cookies, pretzels or crackers for dipping.
Originally Posted April 7, 2019
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!