Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread – Sourdough bread drenched in buttery garlic then stuffed with pepperoni and cheese for melty, gooey pizza goodness in every pull apart bite you take!
Last week I was looking for something easy that I could make for some friends that were coming over but I kind of wanted it to look amazing, something like our Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread Recipe but maybe not so spicy.
You know those recipes, the ones that will make you look like a rock star because they’re so dang good you can’t stop eating them, they look really cool AND they’re simple to put together so you’re not spending hours in the kitchen?
This is one of those recipes! To make Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread – you’re just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes away from ooey gooey cheesy deliciousness that works as a meal, appetizer, or just a snack. My guys loved coming home to one of these after school – and it was gone in no time at all.
Check out how easy it is to make!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA PULL APART BREAD
- Loaf of Bread, Sourdough works great or you can make your own French Bread
- Garlic, Minced
- Shredded Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Herbs to garnish
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- 1 Loaf of Bread Sourdough works great or you can make your own French Bread
- 1 stick Butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese I used Colby
- 1 Cup Pepperoni sliced large pieces or the mini pepperoni
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Herbs to garnish
- Slice loaf diagonally into slices but DO NOT cut all the way to the bottom of the bread. Turn bread 90 degrees and repeat diagonal slices to create a cross-hatch pattern like below.
- Melt the butter and mix the minced garlic into the butter. I like to buy the jarred minced garlic just because it makes the recipe that much easier to make! But about two cloves of garlic will make 1 Tablespoon minced.
- Spread the garlic butter into each section of the cut bread. This doesn’t have to be neat! I actually used a measuring cup with a spout and just poured it into each section.
- Load the bread with the cheese and pepperoni. Again remember – this can look pretty messy when you’re done but it’s going to taste amazing! Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with herbs and you’re ready to eat after it cools slightly! Try not to burn your fingers because you can’t wait to jump in and try this yummy pull-apart goodness!
Slice loaf diagonally – Turn bread 90 degrees and repeat diagonal slices to create a cross-hatch pattern like below.
Load the bread with the cheese and pepperoni.
Bake and then sprinkle with herbs and you’re ready to eat!
Remember that if you’re not a pepperoni fan you can easily turn this pull apart bread into a veggie pizza recipe by adding mushrooms, peppers, onions and more while cutting out the meat.
Or you can switch out the pepperoni for bacon, sausage, Canadian bacon or whatever your favorite pizza topping might be!
We like to serve this with a side of marinara sauce for dipping and I’ve had some friends request Ranch to dip in as well. There are so many different ways to make and serve this dish, you’ll have ideas on what to make for months!
How would you make your pull apart bread? Do you have any flavor ideas that would make a fun recipe?