Garlic Bread Pizza Dip makes the perfect appetizer for your next party! A ring of pull apart garlic rolls surrounds our cheesy marinara pizza dip topped with pepperoni!
Table of Contents
Garlic Bread Pizza Dip
This Garlic Bread Pizza Dip may be the best thing since sliced bread! I cannot believe I had never made this before because now I am totally obsessed.
You literally get it all with this appetizer. You have the warm, delicious garlic bread (we used frozen dinner roll dough which makes it super easy).
The pull-apart bread surrounds our bubbling hot cheesy pizza dip made with ingredients like mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, marinara sauce and topped with Italian flavors!
When you combine all of these ingredients, you get the ultimate pizza dip! The rolls are a great way to scoop up the yummy dip, but feel free to add some tortilla chips on the side to add a little crunchy option!
How to make Garlic Bread Pizza Dip
Making pizza dip is really easy (I mean seriously, would I have it on my site if it wasn’t easy?)
This recipe works best using a cast iron skillet (we used a 10-inch skillet). You are basically baking the bread into a ring around the sides of the pan and then cooking the pizza dip in the center.
If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a round cake or pie dish. You may need to adjust the cooking time though!
You can get creative with your dip and add in your favorite pizza toppings! We love pepperoni, turkey pepperoni, bacon bits, green pepper.
You really can add just about toppings, get creative!
Garlic Bread Pizza Dip
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder divided
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 16 ounce package frozen bread dough dinner rolls thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup pizza sauce or marinara
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoni
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small sauce pan, melt butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the 1 tsp garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix.
- Cut each of the dinner rolls into thirds. Roll each of the thirds of the dinner rolls into balls and brush the dough balls with the butter mixture.
- Place the coated dough balls along the edges of a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Then place another row of dough balls on top of the first row around the edge. Leave the center of the skillet open. When placing the dough balls leave spaces between them.
- Cover the dough balls. Leave the dough balls covered for about 30 minutes allowing them to rise.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until they begin to brown slightly
- While the bread is baking, in a large bowl add the cream cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Beat until combined
- Spoon this mixture onto the center of the skillet.
- Spoon a layer of the pizza sauce on top of the cheese mixture and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce
- Layer pepperoni slices around the top.
- Brush the rolls with the rest of the melted butter mixture and sprinkle with optional parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the dip is thoroughly heated and your rolls are a golden brown