Table of Contents
This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is an easy to assemble, no-bake dessert! Layered with ice cream sandwiches, a whipped cream mixture and topped with hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup. It will quickly become an all-time family favorite! Perfect for a summer party or barbecue!
We love easy desserts! This M&M Ice Cream Sandwich cake is probably the easiest one we have, but some of our other favorites are our Caramel Apple Crisp Bites (omg they are so good) and our Monkey Bread Recipe (I am obsessed with all things Monkey Bread now)
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is an honest-to-goodness show-stopping dessert! The best part about this easy dessert is that it is a no-bake! All you really have to do is assemble it!
My cooking, in general, is more of an assembly process – or we could even call it a Food Hack!! The part that resembles cooking the most is the fact that you have to mix together Cool Whip and chocolate pudding mix! I kid you not!! If I can make this – ANYONE CAN!!!
This recipe is, no joke, one of my most requested desserts from my kids! I love it too. They ask for it for their birthday cakes and every time we have a summer barbecue.
Ingredients needed to make your Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Ice cream sandwiches
- M&M’s (or feel free to get creative with other toppings)
- Hot fudge topping, caramel sauce and/or chocolate syrup (I think Sanders Hot Fudge is by far THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!) (affiliate link)
- Cool Whip or whipped cream
- Jell-O instant chocolate pudding
How to make an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
It is super easy to make this quick and easy dessert!
- Crush about 3/4 of a bag of M&M’s. (I like to put them in a zip-lock bag and smash them with a mallet). Set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of cool whip (or whipped cream) and a 1/2 cup of the hot fudge sauce.
- Stir in the dry pudding mix. Mix for about 2 minutes, until it is totally blended. Stir in the crushed M&M’s.
- Place an extra-long piece of aluminum foil on a large plate (large enough of a plate to hold four ice cream sandwiches width).
- Place 4 unwrapped ice cream sandwiches on top of the foil right next to each other and spread a layer of whipped topping mixture (1/2 of the mixture) over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Place 4 more ice cream sandwiches on top of the mixture and spread the remaining mixture on top again.
- Place the remaining sandwiches (you should have used 12 ice cream sandwiches total) on top of the mixture.
- For the top layer, frost the entire ice cream cake with the remaining cool whip and sprinkle with the remaining M&M’s.
- Wrap loosely with the foil and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup, hot fudge sauce and/or caramel ice cream topping!
What other toppings can I use for my Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
There is no limit to the possibilities with this ice cream cake! Some of our other combinations include:
- Chocolate ice cream sandwich cakes
- Heath Bar toppings
- Oreo Cookie in place of the M&M’s in the cool whip mixture and/or sprinkled on top of the cake
- Chocolate Chips
- Adding a layer of hot fudge sauce on top of the cool whip mixture
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 12 ice cream sandwich cakes
- 1 10.7 ounce bag (approx) M&M's take 3/4 of the M&M's and crush – leave the other 1/4 to decorate
- ½ cup hot fudge (plus some extra to drizzle on top)
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip thawed and divided
- 1 package Jell-O instant chocolate pudding
- WHISK fudge topping and 1 cup Cool Whip in medium bowl until blended.
- Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Stir in M&M’s (I like to leave a little bit of the crushed M&Ms out to sprinkle over the top of the cake).
- ARRANGE 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; cover with half the Cool Whip mixture. Repeat 2 more layers. Top with remaining sandwiches.
- Frost with remaining Cool Whip; sprinkle a little of the crushed M&M’s over the top and press remaining M&Ms into top and sides of dessert.
- Wrap loosely with foil. FREEZE 4 hours.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce & sprinkles (cause sprinkles make everything pretty!)
More amazing No-Bake Dessert that we love!
- Funfetti Dip
- No-Bake Banana Split Cake
- The Easiest Eclair Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Edible Cookie Dough
- No-Bake Oreo Cream Pie
- Banana Cream Pie Dip
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Lemon Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Ice Cream Cake
- S’more Eclair Cake
You may have already tried my No Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake with Oreo Cookie – which was a huge hit! BUT this M&M Ice Cream Sandwich Cake version is totally off the hook. The easiest dessert that I make and my kids just love it. It is a great summer treat when you are entertaining a crowd!
Post Updated from June 2014