Caramel Apple Crisp Bites bring all of the flavors of fall into one delicious dessert so easily. The apple cinnamon filling and the graham cracker crust will warm your heart and fill your tummy.
Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
These Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are the perfect recipe to make with all of those delicious fresh apples you pick in the fall!
Our family loves going to the apple orchard and picking fresh apples to begin with – the apples good and fresh and crisp taste just burst when they are right off the tree. (our family’s favorite apples are large Golden Delicious apple, right off the tree – what is yours?)
But, what we love even more is what we make once we have all of those delicious apples.
You have heard me cook with my sister, my kids, and my niece… but today was a special treat – I got to cook with my husband!
Adam is my best taste tester and my best critic. When I told him I wanted to make apple crisp bites (I have a little obsession with bite-sized desserts) – he jumped right in to help!
Are you ready to be obsessed with a dessert? Seriously, get ready. You are going to be totally and completely crazed over these Caramel Apple Crisp Bites. They are one of our all-time favorite fall desserts because they are so tasty and uniquely fall!
If you have more apples to use up, try out these Caramel Apple Pie Cookies! They are out of this world!
While these Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are particularly perfect on a nice, cool, Fall day, they are a great dessert any time of the year!
What type of apples are best in an apple crisp?
Basically, you want to go with the sweet varieties of apples. Empire, Granny Smith or Honey Crisp work well. However, We used Golden Delicious for our recipe and they came on perfect.
- Graham cracker crumbs (I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best)
- Powdered sugar
- Apples (we used golden delicious)
- Brown sugar
- Caramel topping
How to make Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
Apple Crisp Bites are really easy to make. It starts out with the crust!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Really grease your mini muffin tin cups!
- In a small bowl, melt the butter (please see the note below regarding the butter!!)
- In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter.
NOTE ABOUT BUTTER: Some people have found the crust recipe to work perfectly, while some others found the 12 tablespoons of butter was way too much and the butter started to pool – you may want to start by using 1/2 C butter (1 stick vs. 1 1/2 sticks, or 12 T). Melt the butter and add slowly to the crumbs, a little bit at a time, making sure it’s not too wet. You can always add more or save the leftover butter for later. You want a soft dough that sticks together slightly when you try to form a ball, not a wet dough.
- Evenly distribute the mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Using your fingertips, press the mixture to the bottom and sides of each cup. You will create a cup-like shape! (save a little bit to put on top of the bites if you can!)
- Bake for 5 minutes (until they start to get a bit golden brown) and let cool completely.
- Chop the apples up into small pieces. I used a food processor, but be careful not to over chop them in there. We don’t want an apple sauce or puree – just small chopped up pieces!
- Mix the apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Bake at 375 degrees in a baking dish for about 15 minutes. You want the apples to be slightly softened.
- Scoop about a teaspoon or two into each of the crust cups still in the muffin pan. Fill them up generously.
- Sprinkle any leftover graham cracker crust on to the tops of the apples and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely. Take a knife and loosen the crusts from the cups. They should then pop right out of the pan!
- Drizzle with caramel topping and enjoy!
We love Fall recipes because they bring out the best of the season! Some of our favorites are our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, Cinnamon Roll Cookies and Caramel Apple Dump Cake! But these Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are an all-time favorite!
Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best)
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples (we used golden delicious)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 ¼ tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Caramel topping (store bought!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pan with non-stick butter spray
- Melt butter
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (slowly add the butter and evenly distribute – PLEASE SEE UPDATE/NOTE BELOW)
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup”
- Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely
- Chop the apples into little pieces – I used a mini food processor. Don’t puree, just finely chop
- Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
- Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes on 375 degrees, until apples are slightly softened
- Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups (while still in the muffin pan)
- Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples (I had some left over!)
- Bake for 5 minutes on 350
- Let cool completely
- Use a knife to loosen from pan and they should pop right out
- Drizzle with caramel topping
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!