These caramel Apple Pie Cookies are a delicious, easy-to-make twist on a classic apple pie – perfect for a fall-time treat or a holiday dessert! A flaky pie crust, filled with hot and bubbling apple pie filling and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. They are like mini apple pies but in a delicious cookie!
Apple Pie Cookies Recipe
These mini apple pie cookies are a fall favorite in my family! Sometimes you just need a little dessert and these cookies always do the trick.
We decided to take the classic apple pie and turn this comforting treat into a bite-sized dessert that you can enjoy anytime! But the best part is that they don’t lack that classic comforting taste that a regular apple pie offers (but you don’t even need a rolling pin!)
These cookies are the perfect fall dessert. They always have a place at our Thanksgiving table!
Apple Pie Cookies Ingredients
- 1 Package Refrigerated Pie Crust, slightly thawed (box should have 2 rolls)
- 1 Large Can of Apple Pie Filling
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 Egg, beaten
How to Make Caramel Apple Cookies:
- Cut the apple slices into bite-sized pieces.
- Place a silicone baking sheet on to a baking pan.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts on to the baking sheet (you may want to use a rolling pin to lightly flatten the dough if needed.)
Pro-Tip: Make sure that your pie dough is slightly thawed, room temperature is best. If it is too cold the crust will crack and won’t roll
- Spread out caramel sauce from edge to edge over the pie crust.
- Top with chopped apple pie filling and spread it edge to edge.
- On a separate surface, roll out the second pie crust (again, you may want to use a rolling pin to flatten it).
- Slice the dough into ¼ inch strips. (We like to use a pizza cutter for this step! Also, you can eyeball it, it doesn’t need to be perfectly measured)
- Lay the dough strips on top of the apple pie filling in a lattice crust.
- Using a 2 ¾ inch circle cookie cutter, cut out the cookies. Leave a little space in between the cookies.
- Remove the extra dough from around the cookies and just leave the cookies in place on the baking sheet
- Brush cookies with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
You can place all the extra dough that you remove from around the cookies and pie filling into a small, greased pie pan and make a mini pie!
Love caramel? Don’t miss our Carmelita Bars!
More Apple Dessert Recipes
- Caramel Apple Chips
- Mini Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- Apple Dump Cake
- Apple Crumb Cake
- Apple Pie Bites
- Caramel Apple Pie Bombs
- Caramel Apple Hand Pies
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust 2 rolls in box, thawed per directions on the box
- 1 21-ounce can apple pie filling
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the apple pie filling onto a cutting board and cut the apples into smaller, bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place a silicone baking sheet onto a cookie sheet.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts onto the silicone sheet. A rolling pin can be used to lightly flatten out the dough if needed.
- Spread the salted caramel sauce from edge to edge on the pie crust dough.
- Top with the chopped apple pie filling and spread edge to edge. Set aside.
- On a cutting board roll out the second piece of pie crust. (A rolling pin can be used to lightly flatten out the dough if needed.)
- Using a pizza cutter and a ruler slice the dough into ¼ inch strips (or eyeball it!). Using these strips do a lattice crust on top of the apple pie filling crust. OR you can just lay some strips vertical and then horizontal if lattice work is not your thing!
- Using a 2 ¾” circle cutter cut out the cookies leaving a little space in between them. Remove the extra dough from around the cookies and just leave the cookies in place on the silicone baking sheet to bake. (You can place all the extra dough and pie filling into a small, greased pie pan and make a mini pie!)
- Brush cookies with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make sure that your pie dough is slightly thawed, room temperature is best. If it is too cold the crust will crack and won’t roll
- You can place all the extra dough that you remove from around the cookies and pie filling into a small, greased pie pan and make a mini pie!
Personally, I think these cookies are best enjoyed if they are served warm, with a bit of vanilla ice cream or a steaming cup of hot coffee! Either way, these little cookies are sure to be a comfort food and tasty snack for any cool autumn day.
Apple Pie Cookies inspired by Oh, Bite It! Originally posted September 1, 2019
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!