Chocolate Chip Easter Bunny Cookies! Easter bunnies are a must have in every Easter basket and what is a better treat than an Easter cookie? Chocolate Chip cookies shaped like bunnies – you can’t get much better than this!
Table of Contents
Cute and colorful and easy to make these Chocolate Chip Easter Bunny Cookies are an easy Easter dessert that your family, little kids and adults too, will beg for every year.
This fun bunny shaped dessert will surely become one of your next Easter traditions. Too cute to eat….almost!
Decorating Easter Cookies goes right along with Easter baskets, Easter egg hunts and, of course, decorating Easter eggs.
Everyone is like a kid again once they get started decorating cookies and eggs! Decorating these Easter Bunny Cookies can also be a great Spring Break activity to do with the kids.
I absolutely love using these candy eyes. I have used them on many other of my holiday food crafts, like my Halloween Spider Cookies and my Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark.
I love how easy they are to use and they can make any food craft super cute!
CHEAT TIP: Don’t feel like making the cookie dough… no worries. You can use pre-made refrigerated cookie dough in place of making them homemade. Homemade is always better, but this can save you a little time!
Looking for the Cookie Cutter? Find it here via my Amazon affiliate link – Rabbit Head Cookie Cutter!
Love Easter Treats? You will love my – Bunny Butt Cookies! These are one of my most popular spring desserts! The kids think they are hilarious!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Easter Bunny Cookies
Don’t worry – it is easy! Make your cookies, cut out you bunny head and decorate!
Chocolate Chip Easter Bunny Cookies
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulate sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 36 pink jelly beans
- 12 Wilton chocolate candy melts
- 24 large candy eyes
- disposable piping bag
- small round frosting tip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter, egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, granulate sugar and brown sugar.
- Slowly fold in the baking soda and flour.
- Lastly, add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cookie dough mixture into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread using the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once it has cooled, lift the baked cookie out of the baking dish.
- Use the bunny cookie cutter to cut out each bunny and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the Wilton chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Let the chocolate cool a few minutes.
- Attach the small round frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with melted chocolate.
- Squeeze a small amount of melted chocolate onto the back of the jelly beans and eyes and put in place.
- Lastly, give each bunny a mouth by forming a double sided ‘J’
- Repeat each step with all bunnies.
Other great Easter and Spring Desserts
Love Easter Bunnies and Sugar Cookies? -How about these Easter Bunny Cut Out Sugar Cookie