Table of Contents
- EASY CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE WITH BISCUITS
- What is Chicken Pot Pie Casserole?
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe Ingredients
- What types of vegetables should I use in Pot Pie Casserole?
- What type of chicken should I use in Pot Pie Casserole?
- How to make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Tips
- MORE EASY CASSEROLE RECIPES
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits Recipe
This homemade Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is the ultimate, hearty and delicious comfort food (and my family BEGS for it!)
An easy recipe using store-bought biscuits, rotisserie chicken, canned soup and loaded with frozen veggies, this is a fun twist on a classic recipe!
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE WITH BISCUITS
I used to love when we had chicken pot pies growing up. They were my mom’s go-to for a quick night meal. So, for me, this homemade Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is the ultimate comfort food and a new way to enjoy this traditional dinner.
In 40 minutes, I have a delicious meal that serves 4 people! It’s warm and filling, and quite frankly tastes as good as Thanksgiving leftovers.
You’re going to love this hearty casserole. Keep reading to find the ingredients list and instructions. Also, take note – the ingredients for this recipe can be changed up to make it just how you and your family like it!
What is Chicken Pot Pie Casserole?
Typically a Chicken Pot Pie is a type of meat pie that has a flakey and buttery top like a pie crust, and sometimes a bottom pie crust. A pot pie can be filled with a variety of fillings, but usually, a chicken pot pie will be filled with chicken, vegetables, and a soup base.
This recipe is a bit different. We won’t be making a classic pot pie, but instead a chicken pot pie casserole! I love it because it’s kind of like making multiple pot pies, all in the same dish! Each biscuit takes the place of your pot pie top and it is so much easier to prepare!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe Ingredients
- Grands biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Frozen vegetable variety (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken (or any cooked chicken)
- Cream of Chicken soup (canned)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
What types of vegetables should I use in Pot Pie Casserole?
This is where you can get a bit creative and customize your pot pie recipe to fit whatever you and your family like!
You can use a pre-mixed packet of frozen vegetables, or you can make your own mixture! I like to put in classic veggies, like corn, peas, and carrots. But, you can choose whatever veggies you like.
What type of chicken should I use in Pot Pie Casserole?
I recommend using a rotisserie chicken. I love using these because they have so much flavor, and they are already prepared, which saves me a step! Not to mention, they are usually a great price!
If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken, or prefer to get rid of some chicken taking up space in the freezer, no problem! You can also use chicken breasts instead.
Simply thaw them out, and cook them up before adding them to the pot pie mix.
Another option would be to go vegetarian with your pot pie, and forego the chicken altogether! If you choose to do this, I suggest really loading up on the veggies that you add to the pot pie mix.
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits
- BAKE the biscuits.
- HEAT the veggies in a large skillet.
- ADD in the chicken, milk, soup, salt, and pepper and mix together.
- POUR mixture into 9×13 baking dish
- TOP with the baked biscuits and drizzle with melted butter.
- BAKE until golden brown!
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Tips
Tip 1: You can use any vegetable varieties that you like. You can add fresh vegetables to the frozen mixture, such as mushrooms, celery, etc.
Tip 2: If you are not a garlic fan you could add your favorite seasonings to the butter topping such as rosemary, thyme, or Italian seasoning OR you can totally omit this step completely and just bake plain biscuits.
Tip 3: If you want more pot pie filling, you can totally double the filling amount!
MORE EASY CASSEROLE RECIPES
Hamburger Casserole | Tater Tot Casserole | Ravioli Lasagna Casserole | Poppyseed Chicken Casserole | Chicken Alfredo Bake | Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole| Lasagna Casserole | Ritz Chicken Casserole | Cowboy Casserole | Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs | Sweet Potato Casserole
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with Biscuits
- 1 can Grands biscuits 8 biscuits
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 cups frozen vegetable variety corn, peas, carrots, green beans
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or any cooked chicken
- 2 cups milk
- 2 10.5 ounce cans Cream of Chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven but leave oven on.
- While biscuits are pre-baking, in a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, milk and cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and heat for 5 minutes until the mixture is fully heated and bubbly hot.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 dish and spread evenly.
- Take the pre-baked biscuits and place them on top of the casserole with the baked side down and the raw side up.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a small microwaveable dish along with the garlic powder. Microwave until melted (30 second intervals, covered).
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the biscuits.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes then tent with foil and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- You can use any vegetable variety you like. You can add fresh vegetables to the frozen mixture such as mushrooms, celery, etc.
- If you are not a garlic fan you could add your favorite seasoning to the butter topping such as rosemary, thyme, Italian seasoning. OR you can totally omit this step and just bake plain biscuits.
- If you want more pot pie filling, you can totally double the filling amount.
This chicken pot pie recipe is so hearty and delicious. The filling is nice and creamy and so full of flavor. On those cold nights when you are craving the ultimate comfort, this is going to be your first choice for a recipe!