This Hamburger Casserole makes an easy dinner that the whole family will love! Just throw a few simple ingredients together like, ground beef, cheese, and veggies for a quick weeknight meal!
I am always on the lookout for casseroles that are easy to make, delicious, and provide a hearty meal for the whole family to enjoy. This recipe checks all the boxes!
Easy Hamburger Casserole
Hamburger casserole is the ultimate comfort food. It’s hearty, warm, and covers just about every food group! I love to make this on colder days because it is the perfect dish to warm you right up from the inside out!
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner casserole, then look no further! We have you covered with this recipe right here. Continue reading for our ingredients list, instructions, and tips and tricks to making the perfect hamburger casserole.
Ingredients & Variations
Below is the list of ingredients you will need. The fun part about this recipe is the fact that you can get a bit creative with it. Feel free to switch up the veggies that you throw in, as well as the cheese that you put on top!
- Egg noodles
- Meat: Lean ground beef (preferred). Other options: Ground turkey, ground chicken
- Veggies: Onions, green pepper, frozen peas & carrots, frozen corn
- Seasoning: Garlic, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper
- Tomato sauce
- Can of diced Italian style tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese
How to Make Hamburger Casserole
- Cookie Veggies and Meat: Brown the meat and add in the veggies and seasoning. Stire in the sauce and tomatoes.
- Layer into Baking Dish: Start with the noodles and then pile everything else on top! Mix it all together and top with cheese!
- Bake: Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
(For the Hamburger Casserole recipe and step-by-step details, see the printable recipe card below)
How to Know When the Casserole is Done Baking?
If you’re following the instructions above, then you’ll want to bake your casserole for about 25 minutes. But this varies from oven to oven. I would say anywhere between 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on it and when it’s hot and bubbly, you can remove it from the oven!
You could also make this dish ahead of time and throw it in the oven when you’re ready to bake. If doing so, you will likely need to bake it closer to 30 minutes, since it will be chilled a bit when going into the oven.
Pro-Tips for Making Hamburger Casserole
Tip 1: Don’t overcook the egg noodles! If you’ve ever used egg noodles before, then you know how quick and easy they are to cook, which also means they are super easy to overcook as well.
Since you will be cooking the noodles before you put them into the casserole and bake, it’s important not to overcook them or they can get soggy!
Tip 2: I can’t tell you what a difference it makes in the flavor of this dish when you cook the hamburger, onion and green pepper together to saute it a bit before adding it to the casserole!
The texture of the vegetables and flavors that are released make the casserole so much better! Don’t skip this step!
What to Serve With It
The beauty of this casserole is that it pretty much covers all of the food groups in one easy dish! But, what’s dinner without a good side dish, right? I love to serve our Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread with this casserole. It’s the perfect finishing touch.
Another great idea for what to serve with hamburger casserole is a hearty side salad! You can serve it with your casserole or as an appetizer beforehand. It’s a nice cool, crunchy side for a warm and hearty dish! They compliment each other very well.
MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES
Easy Chicken Enchiladas | Baked Mac & Cheese | Creamy Pesto Skillet | Easy Crescent Roll Taco Ring | Chicken Alfredo Bake | Dorito Casserole| Chicken Pot Pie Casserole| Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole | Crack Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups egg noodles measure dry and then cook them
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 8-oz can can tomato sauce
- 1 14-oz can diced Italian style tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese divided
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a medium skillet cook the ground beef until it is almost done, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the skillet and cook about 4 minutes, then add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the skillet and cook together for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Put the egg noodles in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the ground beef mixture on top. Add in the peas, carrots, and half of the cheese. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes in the oven, until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley if desired
Important tips:Tip 1: Don’t overcook the egg noodles! If you overcook them they can get soggy! Tip 2: Be sure to cook the hamburger, onion and green pepper together to saute it a bit before adding it to the casserole! The flavors that are released make the casserole so much better! Don’t skip this step!
Your family will absolutely love this hearty hamburger casserole. Mine sure does! It makes for the perfect dinner dish and covers all the food groups. It’s easy and delicious. I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!