Dinner is going to be delicious with this Creamy Pesto Chicken Skillet. Full of robust flavors mixed with delicate angel hair pasta and perfectly browned chicken, you are going to love every creamy bite.
Creamy Pesto Chicken
This is such a delicious recipe you are going to love it. Hi! I am Shannon from The Food Cafe and I am stopping by to bring you this simple skillet meal that is sensational for any night of the week.
No matter what our plan is for the day there always seems to be more added to our list of things we have to get done and dinner is the last thing we even want to think about, but this Creamy Pesto Chicken will be the perfect life saver when it comes to long days and busy nights.
How do you make creamy pesto sauce?
- In a heavy skillet melt 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Add in garlic and pesto sauce (I used Barilla Pesto Sauce -affiliate link)) and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in 1-1/2 cups whole milk or heavy cream and cook until hot.
- Reduce heat, add in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Dinner doesn’t have to be time consuming or complex, but it does need to be delicious and I promise every creamy and cheesy bite of this Pesto Chicken Skillet will deliver.
The chicken is so moist and tender and has the perfect crispness to the outside and then once you cut through and get to the tender meat inside, coupled with the burst of garlic and creamy pesto that long day will be a distant memory.
What is a good side dish for pesto chicken?
There are many things you can serve along side this Creamy Pesto Chicken Skillet, here are a few of my favorites:
- Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Feta and Bacon Green Beans
- Roasted red or white potatoes
- Herb Garlic Butter Smashed Potatoes
- Stuffed Parmesan Rolls
- Garlic bread
- Green salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Sliced tomatoes with mozzarella cheese
What does pesto sauce taste like?
Pesto sauce has a very distinct flavor that sets precedence in whatever recipe you may be using it in. It has a fresh basil flavor mixed with a combination of garlic, parmesan, and olive oil that gives it almost a buttery flavor.
It really adds a savory flavor without having to use a lot.
Creamy Pesto Chicken is a great way to turn any crazy day or week into something incredible in just 25 minutes. Every ounce of this Pesto Chicken exudes creaminess and flavor galore.
So don’t get overwhelmed when it comes to dinner, keep it simple, keep it delicious, and keep it fresh from your kitchen.
EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES
Creamy Pesto Chicken Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8oz angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large ziplock back add bread crumbs, flour, garlic salt and chicken. Toss chicken to fully coat.
- In a heavy skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 7 minutes a side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and add garlic and pesto sauce, stirring continually for 1 minute. Pour in milk and cook until hot, reduce heat and add parmesan cheese and pasta. Stir to combine well.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan if desired. Serve warm.
Looking for another easy skillet meal?
Originally published on February 28, 2018
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!