This is my best recipe for the ultimate Peanut Butter Brownies! Delicious homemade brownies, loaded with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and swirled with creamy peanut butter! They can be made from scratch or from a mix, either way, they’ll be done in less than 30 minutes!
Get your chocolate and peanut butter combo fix with these amazing gooey brownies! For other easy recipes that are PERFECT to share or bring along to any event, check out my S’mores dip, Edible Cookie dough, or my Banana Cream Pie dip (it’s literally bananas!)
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Peanut Butter Brownies bring my two favorite things together in one delicious dessert. These moist and chewy brownies swirled with scoops of creamy peanut butter are always the hit of the party!
To me, there are few things more satisfying than a warm, fudgy brownie served with some creamy vanilla ice cream… except when someone adds peanut butter swirl and peanut butter cups to the mix!
Wow! This recipe is off the hook like I mean way off the hook!
You guys already know that I love brownies (you remember my Brownie Batter dip, right?)
So, combined with my love for chocolate and peanut butter, it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that I am living for these peanut butter swirl brownies!
It’s such a great recipe because you can have it all when it comes to baking! An amazing dessert to serve and a super easy recipe!
You can make these delicious gooey treats all the way from scratch (hello bragging rights!) or from your favorite mix from a box (hello easy baking!)
These brownies will be an easy hit at your next family gathering, bake sale, or even become a family favorite!
Peanut Butter Brownies Ingredients
If you’re a consistent baker like me, you’ll probably have more of these staple items in your fridge and pantry. The only thing I usually don’t have on hand is the mini peanut butter cups because I mean honestly, who can resist those little guys? The question is, who gets to them first, me or my kids?
So, to make this recipe from scratch you’ll need the following:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ a cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of chopped mini peanut butter cups
- ½ cup of peanut butter
I always use natural peanut butter in my kitchen, but any type of peanut butter will work fine for this recipe!
If you want to make these peanut butter brownies using a brownie mix, see the directions below!
How To Make Peanut Butter Brownies
First, you’re going to want to get everything set up.
I like to measure out my ingredients and prep my baking pans, etc. before I actually start baking.
So, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line an 8×8 baking pan with foil, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and make sure you have your ingredients measured out and set aside so you can fly through the next steps!
In a medium bowl, stir together your butter, milk, and sugar over medium heat until it just starts to boil. Remove from heat as soon as it starts!
Then, stir in your chocolate chips until it is all smooth and melted.
Set this mixture aside and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
When it’s cooled, whisk in your eggs and vanilla.
Stir in the ½ cup of flour, salt, and baking soda until it is just combined.
In a separate small bowl, toss in your chopped mini peanut butter cup pieces and the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour.
Fold the peanut butter mixture into the batter.
Then, pour the brownie batter into your lined baking dish.
Take a small spoon, or cookie scoop, and put dollops of peanut butter on top of the brownie batter. Next, use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter through the top of the batter.
Doesn’t it look delicious?
Okay, now it’s ready to go into the oven!
Bake for about 30 minutes, use the toothpick method to make sure it’d done. (Toothpick method is when you have the toothpick inserted and when you pull it out, it’s clean!)
When they are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely before slicing.
For the best fudgy brownie taste, serve when they are still warm, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle chocolate sauce over everything!
How To Make Peanut Butter Brownies Using Brownie Mix
Now, you know that I’m always after a way to make the easiest yet tastiest recipes!
So, if you’re not up to making this entire recipe from scratch but you’re still craving chocolate and peanut butter brownies, have no fear!
I have a quick and easy solution!
Just take your favorite brownie mix from a box, and then follow the recipe starting with adding in the chopped peanut butter cups!
More Great Peanut Butter Recipes:
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Peanut Butter and Oreo Icebox Cake
- Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons flour to mix with peanut butter cups
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat, stir together butter, milk, and sugar until it just starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes and then whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking soda until just combined.
- In a small bowl toss peanut butter cup pieces and 2 teaspoons flour.
- Fold peanut butter cups into the batter
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish.
- Using a small cookie scoop place dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a knife swirl the peanut butter through the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!!
These Peanut Butter Brownies are truly the best and fudgiest chocolate brownies I’ve ever made! So, what’re you waiting for- go preheat the oven to 350 and get baking!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!