These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are packed with milk chocolate peanut butter cups mixed in our rich and chewy homemade brownie mix. (You can use a box of brownie mix to make it even easier!)
It’s easy to make a pan of this rich dessert, and it’s the perfect dish to sweet pass to feed a big group. Get ready, because these peanut butter brownies are truly irresistible.
The Best Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Recipe
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is a flavor profile that I simply cannot get enough of. If there’s a bowl with a variety of candy in it and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are an option, you better believe I am going to eat all of those up first. I just can’t say no.
That’s exactly how I feel about these peanut butter cup brownies, I can’t say no! They are impossible to resist. They are so delicious, rich, creamy, and moist. The perfect homemade brownies, with an added twist. You are going to love them.
They are easy to make, using our homemade brownie recipe or you can use a box brownie mix with Reese’s peanut butter cups to make them even easier. These insane brownies are always a crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Salted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- 24 full-size chocolate peanut butter cups
Note: You can use a brownie mix in place of everything above (expect the peanut butter cups!) Just start at step 2 below.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- MIX – ingredients for brownie mix together or follow the instructions on the brownie mix box.
- SPREAD– 1/2 of the batter across the bottom or parchment-lined 9×13 pan.
- LINE – chocolate peanut butter cups into the brownie batter, forming neat rows.
- SPREAD – remaining batter over the peanut butter cups and smooth evenly.
- BAKE for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.
TIPS & NOTES
Tip 1: The batter should be set in the middle and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with few moist crumbs.
Tip 2: Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool completely in the pan.
Tip 3: These brownies are packed with chocolate peanut butter cups. You can use fewer peanut butter cups and spread them further out if you wish.
How to Store Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Brownies should keep in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Truffles | No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars | Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites | No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls | Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake | Reese’s Cheesecake | Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread | Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- ½ cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 24 full-size chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13 inch rectangular baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together melted butter and sugar with a hand mixer or standing mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, adding one egg at a time and beating well between each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat until fully combined.
- Spread half of the batter across the bottom of the prepared baking pan. The batter will be thick in texture and will need to be spread carefully to cover the entire pan.
- Nestle chocolate peanut butter cups into the brownie batter, forming neat rows.
- Spread remaining batter over the peanut butter cups and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Batter should be set in the middle and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool completely in the pan.
- Brownies will lift easily from the pan by lifting on the edges of the parchment paper lining. Cut into pieces and serve!
These are arguably the most irresistible brownies you will ever try. The combination of gooey chocolate and creamy peanut butter is unbeatable. Whether you need a new dessert recipe for a gathering or just a sweet treat to have around the house, peanut butter cup brownies are the perfect thing!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!