Halloween Pretzel Monster Eyeballs are such a cute Halloween treat and easy Halloween food. Perfect to bring to a school party (peanut-free dessert) or Halloween party dessert – you only need pretzels, M&M’s and Hershey Kisses (Hugs)!
We just adore Halloween here at Princess Pinky Girl. I swear as soon as we get even the littlest hint of Fall, we go in to full-on Halloween mode.
I love the Halloween costumes, decorations, and mostly the food! There are so many creative things you can do with Halloween themed food….. and the creepier the better.
Once again – easy, easy, easy recipe is the name of the game! This is why our Halloween Pretzel Eyeballs are the perfect Halloween treat! Your kids will absolutely love these – they will be great for classroom parties too!!
What we love the most about these Halloween Monster Eyeball Pretzels is how easy they are to make. The thing that takes the longest is putting the pretzels on the baking sheet.
Like so many other Princess Pinky Girl recipes, these Monster Eyeball Pretzels are more about assembling rather than cooking. Which makes them a great Halloween project to do with your kids. They are essentially fail proof!
I had such a great time making (and eating) the Zombie Eyeball Pretzels, I figured that I cannot possibly leave the monsters out – presto Monster Eyeball Pretzels!!
We have tons of other great Halloween Treats that you can make with your kids. Check out some of our very favorites:
Like I said, these Monster Eyeball Pretzels are crazy easy to make. You only need 5 ingredients:
- Waffle pretzels
- Hershey Hugs (do not use Kisses, for some reason they don’t melt as well!)
- Red sanding sugar
- Black decorating gel
How to make Halloween Monster Eyeball Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place pretzels on cookie sheet
- Put one Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel
- Bake for 5-7 minutes (until shiny and soft)
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar while still melty. Place a M&M in the center of the hug and gently press down.
- Dab a bit of black decorating gel in the center of the M&M.
- Let set in freezer for about an hour.
- Watch them in the oven carefully. You want the shiny and soft, but not melted.
- Make sure to place the M&M printed side face down.
- You will want to work quickly with the sanding sugar and M&M’s. You may want to work in smaller batches.
- I like to line the baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Meringue Ghosts
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Spider Cookies
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Zombie Eyes
- Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Candy Corn Punch
- Halloween Puppy Chow Chex Mix
- Halloween Chex Mix
Halloween Pretzel Monster Eyebals
Monster Eyeball Pretzels are such a cute Halloween treat and easy Halloween food. Perfect to bring to a school party (peanut free dessert) or Halloween party dessert – you only need pretzels, M&M's and Hershey Kisses!
- 35 Waffle pretzels
- 35 Hershey Hugs (do not use Kisses, for some reason they don’t melt as well!)
- Red sanding sugar
- 35 M&M’s
- Black decorating gel
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Lay the pretzels out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or silicon baking mat (for easy clean-up)
Place one Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel
Place in oven for 5 -7 minutes (watch them… they should be shiny and soft, not melted)
Quickly sprinkle sanding sugar over Hugs and place a M&M in the center of the Hug (“M” side down)
Put a very small dab of black decorating gel in the center of the M&M (be careful, I put too much and they didn’t want to dry!)
Place in freezer for about an hour to set
Nutrition per serving
Looking for other fun Halloween treats and ideas?
Room parents rejoice! We have made your job very easy with this great round-up of Halloween Treats for Your Classroom Party! Check it out!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!