Our Halloween Puppy Chow Chex Mix (aka Muddy Buddies) is one of our favorite Halloween Treats. Sweet and salty and everything in between! Perfect for a Halloween party or just a Halloween snack!
It’s filled with Chex cereal, peanut butter, and chocolate chips and tossed in buttery powdered sugar. Then mixed with your favorite Halloween treats like M&M’s and Reese’s. This snack mix will thrill your little trick or treaters!
Halloween Puppy Chow Mix
You will go nutty for our Halloween puppy chow mix!
I get so excited as soon as the cool breezes comes around and I can smell Fall in the air! That means it is time to put up my Halloween decorations and start my Halloween treat making!
Every year I like to come up with at least one new Halloween dessert and this year it is a twist on a classic, Puppy Chow Snack Mix – also sometimes called Muddy Buddies.
We love the sweet and salty flavors in puppy chow, but this puppy chow recipe is different because it is loaded with Halloween candy (among lot’s of other good stuff!)
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Rice Chex Cereal
- chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- creamy peanut butter
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Halloween M&M’s
- candy eyes
- candy corn
How to Make Halloween Puppy Chow
- Heat in microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter until completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cereal and pour chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir to completely coat.
- Place powdered sugar in a large resealable bag.
- Add cereal mixture to the bag, seal the bag and toss to completely coat in powdered sugar.
- Remove from the bag and pour it back into the large bowl.
- Add peanut butter cups, M&M’s, candy eyes, and candy corn. Stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container
More Fun Halloween Treats
Halloween Puppy Chow Snack Mix
- 6 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Reeses' mini peanut butter cups
- ½ cup M&M's or other orange and black chocolate candy
- ½ cup candy eyes
- ½ cup candy corn
- Place cereal to large mxing bowl.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Heat for 1 minute, and stir to combine until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir to coat completely.
- In a large resealable bag, add powdered sugar and the cereal mixture.
- Seal bag and toss to coat completely. Remove from bag and pour into large bowl.
- Add peanut butter cup, orange and black M&M's, candy eyes and candy corn to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Store in airtight container.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!