These adorable Halloween Chocolate Truffles are filled with rich, bittersweet chocolate, covered in sprinkles and only 3 ingredients needed. The perfect easy easy no-bake dessert for Halloween.
We love Chocolate Truffles and no bake desserts so much! Some of our other favorites are our Peanut Butter Balls and our Oatmeal Monster Cookie Energy Balls (these are a great after school snack too!)
Halloween Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Halloween is of our favorite food crafting holiday! I love to create fun and delicious Halloween treats for my friends and family. We have tons of Easy Halloween Treats that will complete all of your Halloween Party needs, as well as Easy Halloween Decorations (one of our favorites are our Halloween Tomato Cage Ghosts)!
This chocolate truffle recipe is the perfect treat for your Halloween Party!
If you think that truffles sound hard to make, you couldn’t be more mistaken! They are very easy to make and only take 3 ingredients. What I also love about them is that they can be easily adapted for any holiday just by changing the sprinkles.
You can use Christmas sprinkles for a holiday treat, Valentine’s sprinkles for a Valentine’s day dessert or just fun sprinkles for a birthday party or any of your everyday dessert needs.
What is a truffle
Typically a truffle is a type of ganache, which is a mixture of bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream. They are rolled into balls to look like their namesake, the truffle mushroom. They have almost a fudge-like texture.
How to make homemade chocolate truffles
Making chocolate truffles is actually much easier than you would think.
First you make the chocolate ganache for the truffle. You do this by boiling heavy cream and pouring the hot cream over chocolate. It is then mixed and chilled and you will roll into balls and cover in sprinkles, dip in chocolate, roll in chopped nuts or dust with cocoa powder (you can do this by rolling in the cocoa powder).
I find using a cookie scoop is much better than using a kitchen spoon to scoop the filling and roll into balls. It creates the perfect size truffle!
Typically you will want to use a good quality chocolate, either semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (around 60% cocoa) – chocolate chips work well.
How long can you keep truffles
Truffles can be kept in the refrigerator for about a week and frozen for 1-2 months (defrost in the fridge overnight).
How to make easy chocolate truffles
Ingredients needed to make Easy Halloween Truffles:
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 60 cocoa)
- unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- heavy whipping cream
- Halloween colored sprinkles
Kitchen gear needed:
- 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- 1 small cookie scoop
- 1 9×9 glass dish
More great easy Halloween Treats
- Meringue Ghosts
- Halloween Spider Cookies
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Halloween Fruit Kabobs (a healthy Halloween Treat)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips about 60 cocoa
- ¼ cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Halloween colored sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a small sauce pan, heat heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour the hot whipping cream over chocolate mixture in bowl and let stand 2 minutes.
- Using a whisk stir mixture until smooth.
- Using a 9x9 baking pan, pour the mixture into the pan
- Refrigerate at least one hour (but three hours is ideal), or until firm enough to shape.
- Pour the halloween sprinkles into a large bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some of the truffle mixture
- Roll the mixture in your hands into a ball
- Roll the truffle into the sprinkles
- Place ball onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps until all truffle mixture is used
- Put each truffle in a container with tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (or until firm)
- Store in your refrigerator.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!