Our Baked Brie appetizer is drizzled with olive oil and fresh rosemary, thyme, basil, and sage. Then baked until melty and delicious, and served with a toasted baguette. It makes the perfect holiday appetizer.
Appetizers are my favorite part of the meal and boy do we have you covered with our Easy Thanksgiving Desserts (more than 10 great recipes) and our Crockpot Nacho Cheese Dip!
Table of Contents
Delicious Baked Brie Appetizer
Our Baked Brie is the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas, game day or just a neighborhood get together.
I am always looking for a delicious new appetizer to serve. Our friends, Steve and Julie, had us over for dinner and they prepared the most amazing meal for us.
While their cooking skills far surpass mine, they made an appetizer with my very favorite thing, brie cheese! OMG let me tell you more about this easy to make Baked Brie Appetizer using fresh herbs.
I’m telling you, it was so good, I dreamt about it – no, seriously I really had a dream about it!!
So when I needed to bring an appetizer to a party the following weekend, they generously provided me with the recipe.
This super easy baked brie appetizer is a HOME RUN! It is great because it takes no time to prepare and your guests will go crazy for it!!!
If you are new to my site, you may not know that I only make super easy recipes. If I can make it, anyone can. If you are looking for other really easy appetizers – like mini corn dog muffin bites or if you are into brie like me – these puffed pastry brie bites are not to be missed! Need some Make-Ahead Appetizers, we have you covered there!
Ingredients To Make Baked Brie
- Brie Cheese
- French Bread
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Fresh Thyme, Sage, Rosemary & Basil
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to make Baked Brie Appetizer
The key to this appetizer is using a good quality olive oil and fresh herbs. You may be tempted to use dried herbs, but don’t do it! It is worth the effort.
- To make this easy brie cheese appetizer, you are going to slice the brie in half (you will then have 2 thinner round pieces of cheese).
Pro-Tip: I like to make small slices out of the rind so that when the cheese melts, it oozes out into the bread.
- Place them on top of a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Slice the bread and spread them around the cheese, covering the entire pan.
- Then, using a pastry brush, lightly brush the cheese and bread with the olive oil, covering it all with a light layer of olive oil.
- Finely chop all of the fresh herbs and sprinkle over the cheese and bread.
- Bake for about 20 minutes on 275 degrees. Serve immediately.
Useful Kitchen Tools
(these links include affiliate links)
More Easy Appetizers
- Crockpot Nacho Dip
- Totchos – Tatertot Nachos
- Brie Bites
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Baked Crab Dip
- Football Cheese Ball
- Million Dollar Dip
Baked Brie Appetizer
- 1 Brie cheese
- 1 French bread
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh sage
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with either a silicon baking liner or parchment paper. (use a baking sheet with edges so the oil doesn’t run off the side)
- Cut brie in half so you have two round sections (I like to make a few slices in the rind so that the cheese melts out into the bread)
- Place both halves on a cookie sheet cheese side exposed
- Slice french bread into thin slices and spread around the cookie sheet
- Generously brush cheese and bread with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Finely chop all fresh herbs and sprinkle over cheese and bread
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 or until bread starts to brown and cheese begins to bubble
- Transfer to a platter using a spatula and serve immediately
This appetizer looks amazing! I love brie and the fresh herbs bring it to the next level!
This looks so yummy! I love that you bake the bread and the brie on the same pan. Such a timesaver!
This is the best!!! I could eat the whole thing.
Whisper voice – I have!
Have you ever added garlic to the recipe? Fresh, jarred or dried?
I have not, but there is never anything bad about garlic!
Baked brie is one of my favorites! Love all the fresh herbs you add!
They make ALL The difference!
I am drooling just thinking about how delicious this recipe was! Perfect for parties 🙂
Thanks so much!!
+Love easy and tasty. What size brie wheel do you use? Going to try the baked salami, too.
Huge hit! I loved the recommendation of cutting into a few sections of the rind so the melted cheese oozed onto the bread. Will definitely make this again and again.
I love this recipe but have a question. What do you mean “1 Brie cheese?” What size, what weight?
I used a large brie – it was probably about 16 ounces.
What do you mean by “small slices out of the rind”? That part confuses me.
Just cut a nitch out of the rind so the cheese can ooooze out the sides of it.
Thank you so much! I’m making it tomorrow for some guests.