The combination of salty and sweet with just a touch of spicy cinnamon makes this Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix perfect for fall!
Hello again, Pinky Pals! It’s Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest and I’m back this month to celebrate the coming of fall! YAY! It’s my favorite season because of the cooling weather, crisp air, apples, pumpkins, warm cinnamon, boots, jeans, rich colors and the anticipation of the coming holidays.
I recently went on a road trip to Arizona for a blogging conference and I wanted to make a snack mix to bring along with us. I had looked at the store for some packaged mixes, but nothing had exactly what I wanted. So I figured I’d just make my own. 🙂 Now, don’t let the presence of candy corn turn you away. I’m not a huge fan of candy corn, but with this combination of flavors, it just works. Trust me. Try it, and then if you hate it, feel free to send it to me. 😉
Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix
- 4 cups honey nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 bag (6 oz) caramel Bugles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag (8 oz) Boo-terscotch M&M’s
- 1 cup harvest candy mix (candy corn, candy pumpkins)
- 1/2 cup Reese’s pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cereal, pretzels and Bugles
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and then pour over the dry mix. Stir to coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, spread out the mixture into an even layer
- Bake at 275 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. (Your house will smell AMAZING)
- Spread on wax paper to cool and then toss with the candy pieces. Store in an airtight container and eat by the hearty handful.
Grab a big bowl and fill it up for Halloween parties, Harvest Festivals, Thanksgiving or any other excuse you’ve got to party this fall. It’s easy to double the batch- just bake on two cookie sheets. The M&M’s aren’t a requirement and they can get a little pricey, but they do add a delicious layer of butterscotch flavor. But feel free to switch them out for something else if you’re trying to keep the price down for a larger batch. Happy Fall!
Nicole makes other yummy stuff that’s perfect for parties-be sure to check them out, too!
Looking for another other great Princess Pinky Girl Fall Treats – just click on the picture below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!