Caramel Apple Chips – A thin coat of caramel baked right into the apple and we’re left with a crispy apple chip that has a baked in hint of caramel.
We love all things Apple! Those fresh picked apples make our mouth water and our houses smell delicious as we cook some of our favorites like our Caramel Apple Dump Cake and Overnight Stuffed Apple Pie French Toast.
Caramel Apple Chips
Hey Princess Pinky Girl Readers! How’s everyone doing? Serene here from House of Yumm. Fall is in full swing and I’m so excited!!
Not only because I love me some Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but I love all things apple! Growing up we had an apple tree in our backyard, so we had to get creative with them. One of the easiest things to do with an apple is to make apple chips!!
I could totally just sit here and snack away on these apple chips all day every day. Especially since these apple chips are baked with some CARAMEL on them! I know. Right?
I was in the market the other day and saw a bag of some Caramel Apple Chips and I was instantly in love with the idea. I don’t know why I’ve never done it before. Usually I would just toss some cinnamon and sugar on top, but caramel? Mind blown.
These caramel apple chips also make a great snack! Think after school snack! I am always looking for some new and healthier options for my kids and they go crazy over this fruity treat!
Tips for Making Apple Chips
- Cut the apples as thin as you can. The thinner the better. I love my apple chips crisp and crunchy. The thicker slices will remain slightly chewy. So if that’s your thing go for it.
- When it comes to smearing the caramel on the sliced apples, the thinner the better again. Otherwise you will end up with a pool of sticky caramel on the apple slices no longer how long you bake them. Not that there’s anything wrong with sticky caramel. So again, if that’s your thing, go for it! With a thin coat of caramel it bakes right into the apple and we’re left with a crispy apple chip that has a baked in hint of caramel. Fall perfection.
- These need to bake low and slow.
How to Make Caramel Apple Chips
Slice your apples as thin as possible. Spread them out on a cookie sheet that is covered either with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat (this is Jenn’s favorite baking tool ever! Makes clean up a snap!)
Spread a thin layer of caramel on each apple (it helps if you dry them off a bit with a paper towel before spreading the caramel – just dab them with the paper towel!)
Optional – add a little bit of cinnamon for some extra deliciousness!
Place them into the oven at 200 degrees. Bake them about 2 hours or a bit longer if your slices are a little thicker. You will see the edges start to curl showing they are dried out and getting crunchy.
So exciting! At this point you can remove them and allow them to cool. Once completely cooled feel free to enjoy or store at room temperature in a sealed container. Enjoy!
More Great Apple Recipes:
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- Apple Pie Cookies
- Caramel Apple Pops
- Chocolate Dipped Caramel Apple Energy Balls
- Caramel Apple Tart
- Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- How about another Caramel Recipe? We are obsessed with these Carmelita Bars!
Caramel Apple Chips
- 2 Apples (I used Granny Smith, but you can use any apple you prefer!)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
Slice the apples as thinly as possible. Spread out on a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet.
Spread a thin layer of caramel onto each apple slice.
Bake at 200 degrees for about 2 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in airtight container at room temperature
Nutrition per serving
More amazing recipes from Serene!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!