These Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries are an easy DIY Halloween Decoration that you can make with your kids! They are a great fall activity for your classroom Halloween Party too!
Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries
The air is turning crisp, the leaves are changing and Halloween decor is showing up in all of my favorite stores! But you don’t need to buy Halloween decorations when you can make your own Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries!
If you have read my blog ever, you know that if it isn’t easy, it isn’t happening! That’s why these Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries may just be the most perfect Halloween decoration EVER!
They are beyond easy – I may even go as far as to say they are pretty idiot-proof! They took absolutely no time at all and will be perfect to decorate outside or inside!
They would make a great table decoration or line your porch with them! I used tea lights to illuminate them, but you just as easily use electric battery-operated lights as well!
Mason Jar Luminaries Materials
You don’t need much to create these adorable Halloween Luminaries! (affiliate links)
- Mason Jar
- Halloween Stickers or Vinyl Cut Out
- Spray Paint (I used glitter spray paint)
- Battery operated lights or string lights
How to Make Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries
- Place sticker on your mason jar. I cut these out using my cricut, but you could just buy the stickers from the dollar store or any where they sell Halloween supplies.
PRO-TIP: You just want something large enough to make an impact and a good shape.
- Spray the entire mason jar, including the sticker, with primer. This will help the paint stick better to the glass jar. Let dry completely.
- Spray the entire mason jar with spray paint color of your choice – there are tons of good colors out there – for the cat design I used a glitter spray paint – it didn’t stick as well, but I still got the same effect and it looked super cool!
- Let the paint dry completely. (I left mine overnight.)
- Carefully peel the stickers off.
- Place some type of light inside (string lights or tea light).
See How-To Video:
Looking for some more great Halloween Ideas? Check out our Meringue Ghosts. They are easy to make and a low-cal recipe (only 20 calories!)
Other Easy DIY Halloween Decorations
We love our famous Halloween Hacks! Easy Halloween decorating ideas and party ideas!
These Halloween Spider Cookies are one of our all-time favorite Halloween desserts! Your kids will love them!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!