Table of Contents
Our Homemade Frozen Lemonade is a cool refreshing summer treat that’s ready in less than 10 minutes. The combination of zesty fresh lemon juice, smooth honey, and creamy coconut milk, (and a secret ingredient) all blended with ice make this summer slushie the ultimate beverage for a hot day.
Frozen Lemonade Slushie
My kids are always requesting slushies whenever we see them. Whether it’s at the movie theater or a trip to the mall, if they see a slushie machine, I know what question is coming. So, it was only a matter of time until I put my thinking cap on and came up with a way to make delicious slushies right at home. Ta da! The Frozen Lemonade slushie was born.
This homemade Frozen Lemonade recipe has to be one of my kids’ favorites. They beg for it all summer. The combination of flavors is unbeatable, and it’s ready in just 10 minutes. We actually love drinking these all year-round, but they are especially refreshing on a hot day!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Light and refreshing summer drink
- Quick and easy to make
- Simple to make an adult version (just add vodka!)
- Short ingredients list
- Can be made in less than 10 minutes
- Just 4 steps in the instructions
- Tastes like a slushie
- Homemade slushie recipe
- Healthy ingredients
- Light coconut milk
- Lemons (for juice and zest)
- Vanilla extract – this is our secret ingredient!
- Ground ginger
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- LEMONS: You will need up to 3 lemons for this frozen lemonade. If you need to use lemon juice from concentrate, you can do so, but it may not have as strong of a lemon flavor.
- PURE HONEY: Feel free to substitute the honey with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- GROUND GINGER: For a stronger taste of ginger, add in ½ inch of fresh ginger. Make sure it’s peeled beforehand.
- LITE COCONUT MILK: I prefer to use the coconut milk from the can, but you can also use refrigerated coconut milk found in the carton. It can also be substituted with almond milk, cows milk, or oat milk.
- GARNISH: Lemon slices, fresh mint, or maraschino cherries are all optional garnishes!
- ALCOHOL: Make this into an adult beverage by adding a shot of vodka or, my favorite, Malibu coconut rum!
How to Make This Soft Frozen Lemonade Recipe
With just 4 steps in the instruction, this refreshing drink will come together quickly and simply. Once you start, you’ll be sipping on this zesty drink in less than 10 minutes.
- Stir honey in warm water to dissolve, then place into the blender. Add ice, coconut milk, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and ginger.
Pro-tip: When stirring your honey in with the warm water, you want to be careful to keep the temperature under 110 degrees, to preserve the health benefits of the honey! And you can add in more or less ice cubes until you reach your desired consistency.
- Blend until frothy and slushie-like.
- Pour into serving glass and garnish with optional toppings!
Other Summer Drink Recipes
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
- 1 13.5 ounce can light coconut milk well chilled
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (1 lemon)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Optional garnish: fresh lemon slices, fresh mint, maraschino cherries
- Stir honey in warm water (under 110 degrees) to dissolve. Once dissolved, pour into a blender.
- Add in ice cubes, coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and ground ginger to the blender.
- Blend until frothy and semi-slushy. (If it’s hard for your blender to handle, put in part of the ice cubes at a time).
- Garnish with lemon slices, fresh mint, or maraschino cherries (optional) and serve.
- When stirring your honey in with the warm water, you want to be careful to keep the temperature under 110 degrees, to preserve the health benefits of the honey!
- Add in more or less ice cubes until you reach your desired consistency.