Our easy Frosé recipe may be our new favorite frozen cocktail! This wine slushie is easy to make and so refreshing! The combination of fresh fruit, rosé wine, and blended ice makes for a delicious grown-up style slushie!
Strawberry Wine Slushies
Whether it’s a bachelorette party, holiday get together, book club meeting, or just a random girl’s night, these frozen wine slushies are the ultimate drink. Strawberry Frosé is light, refreshing and so incredibly easy to make. In less than 5 minutes, this is blended up and ready to sip!
It truly makes the perfect blended cocktail for a hot summer day. I have to admit that I will even make these in the dead of winter and imagine I’m on a beach vacation somewhere! A girl can dream, right? I can’t wait for you to give these fruity frozen cocktails a try.
What is Frosé?
Simply put, frosé is frozen Rosé wine. When you first see this drink, it looks like any other frozen cocktail, such as a margarita or daiquiri. The difference here is that the alcohol base is wine! Specifically, it’s made using rosé wine.
Frozen + rosé is where the name frosé comes from. I like to think of it as an adult slushie that can be made in a variety of flavors and sweetness levels.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Easily doubled or tripled for a larger group
- Refreshing and delicious
- Perfect summer cocktail
- Can be made in a variety of ways for your personal taste
- Cool and light drink for a hot day
- A short list of ingredients
- Low-calorie drink
- Easy to make ahead and have on-hand, ready to go at the last minute
- Rosé wine
- Simple syrup Pro-Tip: You can also use granulated sugar, strawberry syrup, or another sweetener of your choice. You can omit completely if you don’t like your drink on the sweeter side.
- Lemon juice
What Kind of Rosé Should I Use to Make a Frosé?
Your frosé will be as good as the rosé you use for the base. You should use the same rosé that you would also drink pure. Whether that’s dry or sweet is totally up to you!
If you like it sweeter, you can always add a bit more simple syrup, or sweetener to the blender as well. You can also use white wine if you don’t have rosé on hand and make a White Wine Slushie (same instructions, different wine.) Or if you prefer white wine to the taste of rosé – go for it.
How to Make Strawberry Frosé Recipe
With just two steps, this recipe couldn’t be easier to put together. This delicious drink is ready in less than 5 minutes! It can also be doubled or tripled really simply.
- Put all ingredients into the blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with strawberries.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
One thing I love about this recipe is the amount of variations there are. It can be adjusted to many different flavors, all of which are absolutely delicious. Here are a few of my favorites:
- RASPBERRIES: Use raspberries instead of strawberries.
- LIME JUICE: For a bit of a margarita vibe, you can add some lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- MANGO or PINEAPPLE: Use half strawberries and half mango or half strawberries and half pineapple. This adds a nice tropical fruity flavor.
- MINT: Mint is great with strawberries too, think strawberry mojito style! You can add mint into the blender mix, or just use it as a garnish.
- VODKA: To make this a bit stronger, or if you want a bit more “bam”, add 1 ounce of vodka per serving. This would be a fabulous way to make them for a bachelorette party! (You may need to up the ice.)
- Pro-Tip: The amount of blending time will depend on your blender’s power. Typically it takes about 30-60 seconds. However, if you’re using a very powerful blender it might be less. Be sure not to over blend. You don’t want the drink to get soupy on you!
- Pro-Tip: If you plan to double the batch, depending on the size of your blender, you may have to make each batch separately. If you have a bigger blender, you can add all of the ingredients at once to make a double batch.
- Pro-Tip: If you have the option to use crushed ice from your freezer, this tends to blend a lot easier and more evenly! If you don’t have the option, no worries, ice cubes will work just fine as well.
Can I Make Frosé Ahead of Time?
Surprisingly, yes, you can totally make this ahead.
Blend everything together following step 1 and then freeze in ice cube forms. Then you can just grab some ice cubes and quickly blend them up to have a quick frose.
Clever, right?! I love to do this in the summer so I always have them ready to go if I’m craving a cool, refreshing drink.
How to Store Leftover Frosé Wine Slushies
Much like the make ahead instruction, you can store your leftovers in ice cube trays and pop them in the freezer.
Once they’ve frozen completely, pop them out and place them in a freezer Ziploc bag. That way, you can just blend them up when you are ready to enjoy another drink.
Just be sure that you don’t accidentally put the leftovers in the fridge instead of the freezer, after having a couple of these drinks! 😉
Other Easy Cocktail Recipes
Frosè – Rose Wine Slushie
- 2 cups Frozen strawberries
- 2 cups Rosé wine
- ¼ cup Simple syrup see note below
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into your blender and mix until the mixture has a smooth consistency – this will last around 30-60 seconds, depending on how much power your blender has
- Pour the frosé into glasses and garnish with strawberries
- You can also use granulated sugar, strawberry syrup or another sweetener of your choice. Omit completely if you don´t like your drink on the sweeter side.
- Use the same rosé that you would also drink pure – dry or sweet. You can also use white wine if you don´t have/like rosé.
- If you want a bit more “bam”, add 1 ounce of vodka per serving. (you may need to increase the ice)
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!