Our French Toast Muffins will have your mouth watering even before you start your day. Made in a muffin tin with croissants, heavy cream and cinnamon, they come together for the perfect bite-sized breakfast option that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Table of Contents
Easy French Toast Muffin Recipe
Everyone in my house loves french toast, and they request it for breakfast often. I love making breakfast for my family or guests when we have them. So, I’m usually the one whipping up the french toast when it’s on the menu. But, I have to admit, it can be really annoying to make! Can anyone else relate?
These French Toast Muffins changed the game for me. This is a super easy french toast recipe that’s perfect for a crowd and saves me from standing over the stovetop or griddle making french toast all morning. They are super delicious and also make an easy grab-and-go breakfast option!
Why We Love This Muffin Tin French Toast Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Kid-friendly and approved
- Super easy to prepare
- No need to sit over the stove making french toast
- Make-ahead recipe
- Great grab and go breakfast option
- Perfect for a group breakfast
- Crunchy, sweet top, but soft, melt in your mouth middle
- Heavy cream
- Light brown sugar
- Maple syrup
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make French Toast Muffins
This french toast muffin recipe is quick and simple to put together. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare these muffins and just 20 minutes to bake. In 30 minutes you have a delicious breakfast to feed a hungry crowd!
Cut croissants into small cubes and divide evenly in the muffin pan tins.
Pro-tip: You don’t want to pack the croissant pieces in the muffin tins too tightly. You want to leave some room for the other ingredients to fill in.
Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, syrup, and cinnamon.
Stir together butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Pour ⅓ cup of the egg mixture over the bread pieces. Gently push down on any uncoated bread pieces to coat them in the egg mixture.
Pro-tip: When pouring the egg mixture over the top of the croissants, you may need to wait for it to soak in before putting more into the tin. You can fill it almost to the top with the egg mixture (a little over ¾ full).
Sprinkle each muffin with the streusel mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and egg is set.
Pro-tip: There shouldn’t be any jiggle when removing the muffins from the oven! You want the egg to be completely set.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- CROISSANTS: You can also try different types of bread, like cinnamon swirl, whole wheat, cinnamon raisin, or whole grain.
- HEAVY CREAM: You could easily replace this with half and half or milk in a 1 to 1 ratio. It may change the consistency slightly but otherwise, it will work fine.
- BROWN SUGAR: You can use granulated white sugar, though it doesn’t sprinkle as well.
- MAPLE SYRUP: Table syrup, honey, or agave nectar are excellent replacements for maple syrup if you don’t have any.
- GARNISH: You could use powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or maple syrup as a garnish for this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to reheat, pop them in the oven at about 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes. They will also keep in the freezer for up to 3 months if you individually wrap and freeze them. To serve, let them thaw for about 10 minutes, then bake at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes.
You want to be careful not to undercook or overcook your muffins. Baking them in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is a general rule, but everyone’s ovens are slightly different. You will know these are finished when the bread part that is on the outside of the tin is toasted, but not burnt, and the egg on the inside is cooked and set.
Other Easy Brunch Recipes
Sheet Pan Pancakes | Easy Pancake Muffins | Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites | Fruit Salad Recipe | Cream Cheese Danish | Blueberry Breakfast Cake | Apple Pie Roll-Ups | Egg Bites | Blueberry Pancake Mix Muffins
French Toast Muffins
French Toast Muffins:
- 5 heaping cups croissants chopped (~6-7 croissants depending on the size of your croissant)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp salted butter softened
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional garnishes: Powdered sugar, fresh fruit, maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray or using cupcake liners.
- Cut croissants into 1-2 inch pieces, creating small cubes. Divide bread pieces evenly throughout muffin pan tins. Don’t pack them in too tightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour about ⅓ cup mixture over bread in muffin tins. You may need to wait for it to soak in before putting more into the tin. You can fill it almost to the top with the egg mixture (a little over ¾ full).
- Gently push down on any exposed bread pieces to coat them with egg mixture (they don’t need to be fully covered, they just need to have some exposure to the egg mixture).
- To make streusel topping, stir together butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
- Sprinkle each muffin evenly with the streusel.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the egg is completely set. There shouldn’t be any jiggle present.
- Plate and serve with powdered sugar and any other favorite toppings.
- You don’t want to pack the croissant pieces in the muffin tins too tightly. You want to leave some room for the other ingredients to fill in.
- When pouring the egg mixture over the top of the croissants, you may need to wait for it to soak in before putting more into the tin. You can fill it almost to the top with the egg mixture (a little over ¾ full).
- There shouldn’t be any jiggle when removing the muffins from the oven! You want the egg to be completely set.
These LOOK YUMMY 👍🏼♥️❗️I pinned Other Break Things 👍🏼😊THANK You For Sharing. G-d♥️Bless