This Egg Bites recipe (copycat Starbucks) is easy to make and ready to go when you need to get out the door in the morning. The delicious combination of eggs, cheese, and veggies make for a healthy breakfast option that’s ready to go when you are! Bonus: Great make-ahead and heat up freezer breakfast!
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites
Mornings around our house, especially on weekdays, can be a bit hectic. We are all trying to get out the door to work, school, activities, etc. So, a lot of times breakfast can get missed if we don’t have something quick and easy. This Egg Bites recipe is the perfect solution!
I can make the egg bites ahead of time and all we have to do is pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds before heading out the door. Better yet, they are a healthy option because they only have egg, cheese, and veggies! If you’ve ever had the egg bites at Starbucks, this recipe is a play-off that, but even better. They are delicious, healthy, and a quick and easy breakfast for busy mornings.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Grab and go breakfast option
- Quick and easy to make
- Kids love them
- A quick weekday breakfast
- Healthy breakfast idea
- Only 4 ingredients
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months
- Freeze and reheat in the microwave in 30 seconds
- Low carb
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup fire-roasted jarred red peppers
NOTE: This recipe can be totally customized to taste. Add your favorite omelette topping and make them whatever combination you like!
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Egg Bites
This recipe will come together quickly and easily. It’s perfect to prep on a Saturday or Sunday and pop them in the fridge in ziploc bags to eat throughout the week. Simply place them in the microwave and they are ready to enjoy!
Fill a 9×13 baking dish halfway with water. Place on the bottom rack of the oven.
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Divide egg mixture between muffin tin cups.
Divide fire roasted red peppers equally by 12. Add to each muffin tin cup.
Divide spinach equally by 12. Add to each muffin tin cup.
Divide Monterey Jack cheese equally by 12. Add to each muffin tin cup.
Mix each egg bite with a fork to incorporate ingredients.
Place on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes.
Pro-tip: When removing the egg bites from the oven, you want them to have no jiggle left. That’s when you will know that the egg is cooked through. You can also use a toothpick test to check.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- CHEESE: You could pretty much use any type of cheese you prefer in your egg bites. Other great options are cheddar, Colby Jack, mozzarella, provolone, gouda, or pepper jack for a bit of spice! Just make sure whichever cheese you use is finely shredded so that it melts properly.
- VEGGIES: Feel free to take out veggies or add others in, such as onions or mushrooms. You could also use fresh peppers (any color) in place of the fire roasted red peppers.
- EGG: If you are trying to keep things a bit healthier, you could make your egg bites with egg whites and forego the yolks. You could also make the recipe half and half, using the whole egg for some and just the egg whites for others.
- PROTEIN: You could easily add a bit more protein to your egg bites. Try sprinkling in some bacon bits or adding in chopped chicken, turkey, ham, or ground sausage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Egg bites are the perfect quick morning meal when stored in the fridge. Keep them in an airtight container or tightly sealed Ziploc bag. When you’re ready for breakfast simply heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds! You can also freeze your egg bites. Store in a Ziploc freezer bag. When reheating frozen egg bites place them in the microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
The water bath that’s mentioned here is simply used to help the egg bites cook more evenly. It helps to add moisture to the oven, which will also keep the egg bites from cracking.This is a common tactic used when cooking delicate items such as cheesecake, or in this case eggs!
Other Easy Breakast Recipes
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese finely shredded
- ¾ cup fresh spinach finely chopped
- ½ cup fire roasted jarred red peppers finely chopped
- Fill a 9×13 baking dish half way full with water. Place on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs. Use a whisk and beat together.
- Divide egg mixture equally between the 12 muffin spots in the baking tin, about ¼ cup each.
- Divide fire roasted red peppers equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin.
- Divide spinach equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin.
- Divide Monterey Jack cheese equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin.
- Mix each egg bite with a fork to incorporate all ingredients in each cup.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!