Pamper yourself with a relaxing spa day at home with these DIY Peppermint Bath Salts with essential oils. They make the perfect DIY Christmas Gift and easy to make!
Hi everyone! It’s Erica from Craft Create Cook and today I am showing to how to make these luxurious DIY Peppermint Bath Salts!
I love a good spa or beauty product but the price tag always hold me back. Last fall I went to a grocery store that sells spa items like bath salts in bulk but no scales for weighing your products, so I brought my small bags of salts up to the counter and I about passed out when the cashier told me my total.
Now that I know how easy it is to make bath salts, I will never buy another bag again and hopefully, neither will you.
Homemade bath salts make for a great relaxing bath or a refreshing foot soak when you don’t have a lot of time.
I like to fill up a dish bucket with a 1/8 cup of my homemade peppermint bath salts and soak my feet when I’m working on my laptop or enjoying a little TV time. You could also double or triple the batch and make extra jars to give as gifts!
You don’t need a lot of ingredients and the ones you do you probably already have at home which makes it even better.
Looking for some other DIY Stress Relievers? Check these out:
We also have some other great Easy DIY Holiday Gifts that you must check out.
Ingredients needed to make DIY Peppermint Bath Salts
- Organic therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Epsom salts
- Coarse sea salt
- Baking soda
- (2) 8 oz mason jars or (1) 16 oz mason jar
- Glass or metal mixing bowl
How to make DIY Bath Salts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of your epsom salts with 1/2 cup of sea salt and 1/2 cup baking soda. Use a spoon and mix well so all of your ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Next, mix in about 8-10 drops of your essential oil and divide your bath salts into two separate bowls.
- In one of your bowls, mix in one drop of red food coloring (you will most likely need to mix with your finger tips because of the food coloring clumping).
- Use a tablespoon to scoop 3 tablespoons of your white salts into the bottom of your mason jar. Next, scoop 3 tablespoons of your red salts on top, and keep alternating until your jar is full.
Do you have any essential oil scent combinations you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!