These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs make the perfect healthy dessert for a summer party or Valentine’s Day treat! Chocolate Covered Strawberries are so delicious and so easy to make and even more fun when you make them into a Ladybug!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs
(SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE)
If you know me, you know that I don’t really think of myself as a cook, baker, chef or anything of the sorts. I really don’t love to cook, however, I love to create! That is why when people ask me what I do, I tell them that I am a “Food Crafter”.
What is a Food Crafter – I love to eat…. I love to eat yummy things…. I love to eat yummy and cute things. So, I create yummy and cute foods! (check out my edible Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses – these are a very popular food craft of mine!)
These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs are exactly that! They are delicious and adorable! Chocolate, strawberries and more! They are a cute and almost healthy dessert that your kids will go ga-ga for!
Do you love Chocolate Covered Strawberries? However you “design” them, you will want to follow these simple tips:
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Tips!
- Make sure they are clean, but completely dry! You don’t want to try to “dip” them in chocolate when the strawberries are wet, because the chocolate will not stick
- Chocolate covered strawberries are best if you serve them right away. Remember, they are strawberries – they don’t stay fresh for more than a few days. You can put them in the refrigerator (but keep in an air tight container)
- Let them sit out and warm up to room temperature for optimal dipping!
- Give ’em a shake! After you dip them in the chocolate, shake off the extra chocolate.
What kind of chocolate do you use for Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
I personally love the “easy” dipping chocolate options or candy coating! It may be controversial, but I think these work the best and are easiest! Here are some of my favorites:
SEE HOW TO VIDEO AND PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW:
Chocolate Strawberry Ladybugs
These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs make the perfect healthy dessert for a summer party or Valentine's Day treat! Chocolate Covered Strawberries are so delicious and so easy to make and even more fun when you make them into a Ladybug!
- 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
- Wilton Milk Chocolate Candy Discs
- 1-2 pieces Black Licorice Rope
- Edible Eyes
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and cut a small sliver off the bottom side of each berry so they will lay flat.
- Melt chocolate per package directions.
- Dip each berry into the chocolate coating about a third of each one.
- Place 2 edible eyes on each dipped berry and let harden for about 5 minutes.
- Place the rest of the melted chocolate into a small plastic baggie and pipe a line down the middle and little dots all over the top to resemble a ladybug.
- While this chocolate hardens, cut tiny ½ inch pieces of licorice.
Poke two of the licorice pieces into each berry, one above each eye to resemble antennae’s.
- Fun for summer parties!
Nutrition per serving
Looking for some other FOOD CRAFTS! Check some of my favorites out below:
I mentioned my Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses – these are a total crowd favorite!
Frankenstein Candy Bowl – You can eat everything on this bowl and the bowl itself!
Melted Snowman Bark – this is a Christmas Treat Must Do!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!