Table of Contents
Hey it is Stephanie from The Daily Appetite sharing my Chocolate Cake & Blackberry Sundae with you today! The fresh blackberry sauce is what makes this indulgent sundae so gorgeous and irresistible.
If you ever have left over cake, freeze it! You can always make cake pops, sundaes, or just eat it as is when the craving strikes. Our chocolate cake stays good in the freezer up to 2 months. I try to use that timeline for all leftover frozen cake. The only cake I saved longer than 2 months was my wedding cake. The tradition was to eat it on our first wedding anniversary. So one year later that cake came out of the freezer and after one bite it went straight into the trash. Yuck! Okay, let’s get back to this delicious sundae and the recipe.
Chocolate Cake & Blackberry Sundae
- 1 slice of chocolate cake cut into cubes
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- blackberry sauce to taste (recipe below)
- mint for garnish
- Place chocolate cake on the bottom of a dessert dish.
- Drop 3 heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the chocolate cake.
- Drizzle blackberry sauce over the top. Add as much as you desire.
- Top with a mint leaf.
Recipe for Blackberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs and 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat and stir.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil remove from heat.
- Using a potato masher smash blackberries.
- Give the mixture a stir and let cool before serving.