Making meals in a mug just may be my newest obsession! My son, Joey, and I saw a video on the Food Network on how to make 3 quick and easy meals in a mug. We could hardly wait to try to make the french toast in a mug. Let’s just say this recipe speaks to me – 2 easy steps, 1 dish to mess up and it results in a breakfast my kids are begging for more! We adjusted the Food Network’s recipe slightly and I totally recommend using challah bread if you can – the sweetness of the bread just enhances the deliciousness!! This is a total keeper!
See the how-to video and recipe below:
Here’s what you need:
- 1 piece of buttered bread – we used challah and I would totally recommend if you have it
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips – we used mini chocolate chips which melted really nicely
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- In your microwavable mug, mix together the egg, milk, syrup, cinnamon and salt until all combined
- Cut your bread into square bit sized pieces
- Add the bread to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid
- Add the chocolate chips to the mug and give a little stir to incorporate them in the mixture
- Sprinkle the optional cinnamon sugar on top
- Microwave for a total of 2 minutes stopping every 30 seconds (count to ten and start again – this is so it doesn’t explode in your microwave)
- Let cool for about 1-2 minutes
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top
Check out Food Networks other quick meals in a mug! Can’t wait to try them all!
Looking for some other easy breakfast ideas? Click on the picture below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!