French Toast in a Mug a is quick and easy breakfast that will be a new family favorite. Only dirty one dish and it is ready in 5 minutes! Your kids will beg for it!
French Toast in a Mug is not only a delicious breakfast – it is quick and easy to make!
Making meals in a mug just may be my newest obsession and this French Toast in a Mug is where it all began! My son, Joey, and I saw a video on the Food Network on how to make 3 quick and easy meals in a mug.
We could hardly wait to try to make the french toast in a mug. Let’s just say this recipe speaks to me – 2 easy steps, 1 dish to clean up and it results in a breakfast my kids are begging for more!
This is also great for making breakfast for one! Sometimes you may just have a french toast craving, but no one else is on board with that (go figure). This single serving french toast is the perfect solution! If you love French Toast, you will go CRAZY for this French Toast in a Mug!
We adjusted the Food Network’s recipe slightly and I totally recommend using challah bread if you can – the sweetness of the bread just enhances the deliciousness!!
This is a total keeper!
I am telling you, this will be your new favorite weekend recipe! This egg bread mixture, with the hint of cinnamon, all warmed up and ooey gooey, will have your kids begging for it! It is such an easy french toast recipe, without the hassle of making french toast!
Do you love french toast too? Our Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups puts a delicious twist on regular french toast! You must try these too!
French Toast Toppings or Add Ins
Feel free to shake things up a little and get creative with your french toast in a mug! We love some of these great toppings or add-ins:
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
How to make French Toast in a Mug
Like we said, this is the easiest french toast recipe ever! It literally takes less than five minutes. See our video below or print out the full recipe!
French Toast in a Mug
- 1 piece buttered bread we used challah and I would totally recommend if you have it
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips we used mini chocolate chips which melted really nicely
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- In your microwavable mug, mix together the egg, milk, syrup, cinnamon and salt until all combined
- Cut your bread into square bit sized pieces
- Add the bread to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid
- Add the chocolate chips to the mug and give a little stir to incorporate them in the mixture
- Sprinkle the optional cinnamon sugar on top
- Microwave for a total of 2 minutes stopping every 30 seconds (count to ten and start again - this is so it doesn't explode in your microwave)
- Let cool for about 1-2 minutes
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top
Looking for some other easy breakfast ideas? How about Egg in a Hole (what did YOU call it?)
These Bacon, Egg and Cheese Omelette Bites are a huge hit and can be refrigerated for a quick and easy school day breakfast!
If you need a great brunch recipe for a crowd, this is my go to brunch recipe! This egg and cheese souffle can be prepared the night before and baked right before your guests arrive!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!