We love Valentine’s Day at Princess Pinky Girl. Everything hearts and pink just make us giddy. If you are in the mood to bake, be sure to try our Valentine’s Rice Krispie Treat Hearts or our Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These are both really easy to make and fun to do with the kids. See ALL of our great Valentine’s Day posts here!
How to make Valentine’s Day Mason Jars Filled With Candy
Supplies needed (affiliate links below):
- 1 clean wide mouth quart mason jar
- vinyl and vinyl cutting machine (if you do not have a vinyl cutting machine, you can either make these from painter’s tape or use cute Valentine’s Day stickers)
- scrap fabric
- bakers twin or ribbon
- sand paper
- Gift Tag- free printable at the bottom
- To start out I used my Silhouette cutting machine to cut out an X and an O. Each of my letters measured 2.25 inches tall.
(Note: If you don’t have a cutting machine, there are MANY other options. You can find cute heart stickers and place them all over the jar, you can get some vinyl paper from the craft store and trace a big “X” and “O” or “hearts” out and cut them free hand.)
- The vinyl makes it really easy to remove from the jar! Get some here (affiliate)
- Next tip the jar upside down and paint the whole thing. You can use chalk paint or spray paint. I also spray painted the lid ring red.
- After you finish painting remove the vinyl or stickers.
- I wanted this jar to look a little bit worn so I took some 400 grit sand paper and roughed up the edges a little bit.
- After all of the paint was dry I filled the jar with some sweet treats and embellished it.
I made these Free Printable Tags to help them look super cute!
Cut enough fabric to cover the top of the jar. Tie the ribbon with the tag round the jar lid.
More Great Valentine’s Day Ideas
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Heart Bowls
Sweet & Salty White Chocolate Popcorn
Very cute, and great tutorial! I love decorated mason jars!