Sopapilla Cheesecake Rolls! This easy to make dessert recipe uses pre-made crescent roll dough! These rolls are bursting with a creamy cheesecake filling and topped with cinnamon and sugar!
Hey everyone!! Serene from House of Yumm back with you! Today I’m here sharing another quick and easy dessert recipe with you! One of my favorite desserts are sopapilla cheesecake bars. Have you had those before? Made with crescent rolls cheesecake and cinnamon and sugar. They’re based on the mexican dessert of sopapillas which are basically a fried pastry. I always get those when we go out to eat at our favorite Mexican food restaurants. Anyway! This little dessert is based on all of that! But in a fun, portable, easy to make version!
These start with premade crescent roll dough. Which definitely saves a lot of time in the kitchen. And makes us all one step closer to enjoying these little sopapilla cheesecake rolls.
The cheesecake filling is super simple to put together. It’s possibly the easiest cheesecake I have ever made. Just mix up some cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. It’s perfect for baking within these rolls. Just imagine the possibilities. You could use any flavoring instead of vanilla if you wanted to make these lemon, or strawberry, or even add a little chocolate. The possibilities are endless!!
And just look how perfect they end up!! These sopapilla cheesecakes are best when served warm and with a drizzle of honey. In my experience they never last long enough around the house to be cold though.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Rolls
Author: Serene from House of Yumm
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar topping by mixing the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir or beat until mixed and no lumps remain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
- Spoon some cheesecake filling onto the triangle on the widest part. Roll the crescent rolls as normal, slightly pinch the ends closed to prevent the filling from leaking. Do this to all the crescent rolls.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes until the crescent rolls are starting to turn golden in color.
- Allow to cool and serve. Best when still slightly warm! And with a drizzle of honey.
Here’s a peek at some other recipes at House of Yumm:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!