Fourth of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day – these Red, White and Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries will be the perfect dessert to celebrate these patriotic holiday’s!
4th Of July Strawberries (chocolate covered)
The summer holidays are almost upon us and I am always looking for great and creative Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Fourth of July Dessert ideas. These Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries are just the thing! pssst… I also have tons of other Fourth of July Desserts and Fourth of July decorating ideas!
I must admit that I adore themed holiday desserts. I have no clue what it is about it, but I guess that is what makes me a food crafter. I love to craft with food!
These Fourth of July Chocolate Covered Strawberries are just the best! They are so much fun and so easy to make. I love that they can be prepared in advance.
So, if you are having a party or going to a party, you don’t have to be rushing around putting together your dessert. You can actually enjoy the party!
Not to mention, they are a healthy option. Ok, the chocolate isn’t the most healthy thing ever! However, it is way better than eating a huge piece of chocolate cake! Right?
- Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts, Blue and White
- Patriotic Jimmies, nonpareils, Blue Sugar Crystals , Edible Glitter
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries (4th Of July Version!)
Melt chocolate candy in a microwave safe bowl. (Don’t over microwave. Cook in 30 second increments and mix after each cycle.)
Dip each strawberry in the melted chocolate about 2/3 of the way to the top. Place on a lined baking sheet and let the chocolate set for about 5-10 minutes.
Melt the blue candy discs using the same method as the white discs.
PRO-TIP: If you cannot find blue candy melts, you can also use white chocolate or white chocolate chips and add in some blue food coloring!
Dip the strawberries about 1/4 way to the top of the strawberries and immediately dip into your red, white, and blue sprinkles. As you can see we used both blue and white chocolate for the second dip.
PRO-TIP: If your chocolate starts to firm up, just put it back in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up!
Place back on cookie sheet and let set.
More 4th Of July Desserts
- Red White and Blue Poke Cake
- Fourth of July Desserts
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars
- Red White and Blue recipes that wow!
- Firecracker Cupcakes
- 4th of July Sugar Cookies
Red, White & Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 package Chocolate Candy Melts Blue and White
- ½ cup Patriotic Jimmies Patriotic Jimmies, nonpareils, Blue Sugar Crystals , Edible Glitter
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy discs for 30-second intervals until melted.
- Dip strawberries about half way up and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Let dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt blue candy discs the same as you did the white discs.
- Dip a few strawberries in the blue discs about ¼ way up, then add sprinkles. Dip a few in the white discs and add sprinkles. Place back on the parchment paper and let dry.
Originally Posted May 3, 2017
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!