Table of Contents
Hi, Princess Pinky Girl Fans! I’m Jill, one of the 3 moms of CraftCreateCook and we are so excited to be working with Jenn! We are all Michigan natives and love being creative with a good glass of wine. Today we’re bringing you a classic indulgence! Marshmallows, butter and krispie rice cereal, all mixed together into a delicious treat. What would be a better combination than that? How about adding some fun sprinkles for a splash of color in these Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats!
Rice krispie treats are one of my absolute favorite treats. In fact, I’ve been known to buy a few at the grocery store here and there when I’m in a hurry, but honestly, nothing beats the good old fashioned kind that you can make at home. These rainbow rice krispie treats only take a few minutes to make and literally melt in your mouth. They are soft, chewy and just plain delicious. I’ve also been known to eat half a pan of them when no one is looking. The kids love them and they are great for just about any occasion. And depending on the holiday, you could easily swap out different colored sprinkles for an instant festive treat!
I updated this classic rice krispie treats recipe by using rainbow sprinkles. I am all about rainbows and just love how the colors blend together. Plus, everything is just more fun with sprinkles!
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
8 C. Rice Krispie cereal
(2) 12 oz packages of marshmallows
1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice the butter into chunks and place in the bottom of a large saucepan. Melt on low heat and add in the two packages of marshmallows.
- Allow the marshmallows to melt about 3/4 of the way while stirring every few minutes.
- When the marshmallows are about 3/4 melted, remove from heat and add the 8 cups of krispie rice cereal. Gently fold the cereal in with the marshmallows.
- Add in the rainbow sprinkles, gently stirring to combine. Do not over stir as the sprinkles will begin to melt.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan and gently press down evenly with the back of a large spoon.
- Allow the treats to cool completely prior to cutting evenly into squares.
*Notes: Do not let your marshmallows melt completely. Doing so will overcook them and your treats will not be soft and chewy.
Thanks for stopping by! We look forward to meeting you and bringing you great content! Stay in touch through:
Don’t forget to try our 2 ingredient Patriotic Cookie Dough Balls!
And our 3 ingredient, no sugar added, all fruit Strawberry Kiwi Ice Pops!