Table of Contents
The combination of salty and sweet Chex Mix treat, with just a touch of spicy cinnamon, makes this Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix perfect for fall! Pretzels, Bugles, Candy Corn, Butterscotch M&M’s and more!
Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix
Do you love everything Pumpkin Spice? Then you will think this Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix, made with Chex Mix, some sweet, some salty and lots of delicious is totally drool worthy! (Want a pumpkin spice dessert – see our Pumpkin Spice Muffins… they are DE-LISH!)
Hello again, Pinky Pals! It’s Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest and I’m back this month to celebrate the coming of fall! YAY! It’s my favorite season because of the cooling weather, crisp air, apples, pumpkins, warm cinnamon, boots, jeans, rich colors and the anticipation of the coming holidays.
I recently went on a road trip to Arizona for a blogging conference and I wanted to make a snack mix to bring along with us. I had looked at the store for some packaged mixes, but nothing had exactly what I wanted.
So I figured I’d just make my own. 🙂 Now, don’t let the presence of candy corn turn you away. I’m not a huge fan of candy corn, but with this combination of flavors, it just works. Trust me.
(Try it, and then if you hate it, feel free to send it to me. 😉
Side note – if you love pumpkin, be sure to try this my friend Cindy’s Pumpkin Roll Recipe! It is delicious!
Favorite Fall Desserts
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Apple Crumb Cake
- Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- Apple Chips
- Pumpkin Muffins (with homemade crumb topping)
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix with Chex Mix Cereal
These are the ingredients you will need:
- Honey Nut Chex cereal
- Caramel Bugles
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Boo-terscotch M&M’s (if you cannot find these, you can just use plain M&M’s)
- Harvest candy mix (Sometimes called Autumn Mix – candy corn, candy pumpkins)
- Reese’s Pieces
Grab a big bowl and fill it up for Halloween parties, Harvest Festivals, Thanksgiving or any other excuse you’ve got to party this fall. It’s easy to double the batch- just bake on two cookie sheets.
The M&M’s aren’t a requirement and they can get a little pricey, but they do add a delicious layer of butterscotch flavor. But feel free to switch them out for something else if you’re trying to keep the price down for a larger batch or if you cannot find the Butterscotch version (just use plain). Happy Fall!
Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix
- 4 cups honey nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 6 oz bag Caramel Bugles Caramel Bugles
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz bag Boo-terscotch M&M’s
- 1 cup harvest candy mix candy corn, candy pumpkins
- ½ cup Reese’s pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cereal, pretzels and Bugles
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and then pour over the dry mix. Stir to coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, spread out the mixture into an even layer
- Bake at 275 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. (Your house will smell AMAZING)
- Spread on wax paper to cool and then toss with the candy pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and eat by the hearty handful
Nicole makes other yummy stuff that’s perfect for parties-be sure to check them out, too!