This Pumpkin Delight Dessert is sure to curb any pumpkin lovers’ craving! With a buttery pecan and graham cracker crust, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree and fluffy and light vanilla pudding. It is sure to become a favorite fall dessert.
Fall recipes are filled with warm cinnamon flavors and a little bit of pumpkin spice. They warm you from the inside out. You may have tried some of our others like our No-Bake Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Roll Cake or our Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake.
Pumpkin Delight Recipe
Pumpkin spice is here and so is our new favorite fall dessert! Pumpkin Delight is not only easy to make, it is beyond delightful to eat too!
Whenever I hear that pumpkin spice flavors are back in my favorite coffee shops and I see candy corn coming out at the grocery store, I get giddy.
Can anyone else relate?
Fall is without a doubt one of my favorite times of the year, and nothing says Fall like a little bit of pumpkin.
Pumpkin is such a versatile flavor! It’s just sweet enough and just savory enough that it can be added to so many recipes! There are so many ways of preparing it. I love using it in desserts because it doesn’t overpower everything.
What is Pumpkin Delight
If you’re not sure if you’re a pumpkin lover, I would definitely recommend giving this Pumpkin Delight Dessert a try. With all of the other flavors at play, it’s the perfect pumpkin recipe to dip your toe in the pumpkin-flavored waters!
Pumpkin delight checks all of the important boxes. It’s delicious and beautiful. It’s easy to put together. It’s a crowd favorite and can feed a large group of people!
Read on to see how to make this amazing dessert.
Pumpkin Delight Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients for your Pumpkin Delight.
Many of these ingredients are your typical baking essentials. I tend to have quite a few of them on hand at all times, which makes for a quick trip to the grocery store when I’m preparing to make this dessert!
- 1 Cup Cinnamon Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1 Cup Honey Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pecans, chopped and divided (¼ Cup & ¾ Cup)
- (3) 8-oz Blocks of Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Cups Whipped topping (we love Cool Whip), softened
- 3 Packages of 3.4-oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2.5 Cups Whole Milk
- 15-oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Putting together your Pumpkin Delight may be simple, but it will take some time to do. Which is why I love being able to prepare it in advance and keep it frozen or chilled until I’m ready to serve.
However, I have to say that I wouldn’t recommend making it any more than 24 hours in advance, to make sure it’s super fresh!
Layered desserts, such as this one, are great for family gatherings and get-togethers. They are crowd-pleasers and feed a large group of people.
The best part, is that the delicious layers give this dessert a fabulous look, so no one will know how easy it was to put together and store!
Four Delicious Layers:
The Pumpkin Delight Dessert is made up of four delicious layers.
I am going to breakdown each of those four layers for you here! It will make putting it all together that much easier.
Layer 1: The bottom layer is going to be your delicious crispy graham cracker and pecan crust.
Layer 2: This will be your first layer of cream cheese and cool whip topping mixture.
Layer 3: The third and most important layer (in my opinion) is your pumpkin layer made up of vanilla pudding, pumpkin, and cool whip.
Layer 4: The final layer is a whipped cream topping and pecans to finish it off!
How to Make Pumpkin Delight Dessert:
- First, you’ll want to get your oven preheated to 350 degrees, that way it can heat up as you put together the first layer of your dessert.
- To make the crust layer you will start by mixing together the cinnamon graham crackers, honey graham crackers, butter, flour, ¼ cup chopped pecans, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- After mixing it all together, you will then press the graham cracker mixture into a buttered 9×13 baking dish. Then, put your crust in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
- While the crust is cooking and cooling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of cool whip, in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer or stand mixture — start on a low speed to combine.
- Once the mixture has started to combine, turn the speed to high and finish whipping the mixture together until there are no lumps.
- Then, spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the cooled crust. You will now have two layers in the baking dish.
- Onto layer three! In a large mixing bowl combine the instant vanilla pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 cup of cool whip. Whisk this all together until it is well combined. Then, pour this pumpkin pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Finally, spread the remaining cool whip over the top of the desert, and sprinkle about ¾ cup of remaining chopped pecans over the top.
- Cover the entire dessert with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours to let it firm up, then move it to the freezer for one hour before serving. This will allow for easy cutting and lifting of each dessert piece when serving.
How to Store
Storing this dessert is so simple! I always try to make it in a glass baking dish that has a lid to go on top.
When I’m finished serving, I just throw the lid on the top and toss it in the fridge or freezer. If we won’t be going back in for seconds for a while, it’s better to be stored in the freezer! But, if I know people may want more fairly soon, the fridge is fine!
More Layered Desserts
Pumpkin Delight Dessert
- 1 Cup Cinnamon Graham Crackers crushed
- 1 Cup Honey Graham Crackers crushed
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter melted
- ½ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pecans chopped and divided (¼ Cup & ¾ Cup)
- 3 8 ounce Blocks of Cream Cheese softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Cups Cool Whip softened
- 3 3.4 ounce Packages Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2.5 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix cinnamon graham crackers, honey graham crackers, butter, flour, ¼ cup chopped pecans and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Press graham cracker mixture into a buttered 9×13 baking dish. Put in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of cool whip. Use an electric mixer or stand mixture — start on a low speed to combine. Once mixture is starting to combine turn the speed to high and finish whipping the mixture together until no lumps remain.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the cooled graham cracker crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine instant vanilla pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and 1 cup of cool whip. Whisk together.
- Pour pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip over the top of the desert. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of remaining chopped pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours. Move to the freezer one hour before serving. This will allow for easy cutting and lifting of each dessert piece when serving.
I can’t stress to you enough how simple and delicious this Pumpkin Delight Dessert is! The layered dessert not only tastes amazing, but it has a beautiful presentation as well. It is the perfect fall dessert for your next family gathering!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!