If you know me, you know that I love anything mini! I made this amazing dessert a few weeks ago, a Chocolate Eclair Cake, it was so easy to make and a HUGE hit! So I thought….. hmmmmm can I possibly mini-ize this?? Well, the answer is yes, and WOW were these Mini Eclair Bites waaaaayyyy good!! Try to eat just one….I dare you!!!
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box French Vanilla Instant Pudding 3.4 oz box
- 6 ounces cool whip make sure to defrost it four hours before needed
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tub dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease mini muffin pan with non-stick butter spray
- Melt butter
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (slowly add the butter and evenly distribute – PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW)
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup”
- Bake for 5 minutes (or until beginning to brown) and let cool completely
- In a medium size bowl, mix pudding and milk using a mixer
- Fold in cool whip using a spoon
- Fill either a decorating bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off with the cream filling
- Fill the graham cracker crusts with the cream filling
- Microwave the dark chocolate frosting for 20-30 seconds to make it easier to work with.
- Fill another decorating bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off with the chocolate frosting
- Top the cream with a dollop of chocolate frosting
- Refrigerate for 24 hours
- NOTE: Some people have found the crust recipe to work perfect, while some others found the 12 tablespoons of butter was way to much and the butter started to pool – you may want to start by using 1/2 C butter (1 stick vs. 1 1/2 sticks, or 12 T) Melt the butter and add slowly to the crumbs, a little bit at a time, making sure it’s not too wet. You can always add more or save the leftover butter for later. You want a soft dough that sticks together slightly when you try to form a ball, not a wet dough.
Looking for other delicious bite sized desserts? Just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!