Table of Contents
Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses are super easy to make and are blast at your party! New Year’s Eve parties, Fourth of July or just a party with friends, this DIY party idea will have your guests talking about it forever!
Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses
Have you seen my most popular creation of all times, my Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses? After having them at our New Year’s Eve Party, I kept getting asked “how do I make a Jolly Rancher shot glass”, so I thought I would make a tutorial!
So when I stumbled upon a silicon shot glass mold (see it here), I just about flipped out! I found myself walking up and down the candy aisle at Target looking for things I could melt!
If you are looking for a super fun New Year’s Eve drink that will blow your friends away, this is the one! I mean seriously, an edible shot glass – how awesome is that?
Candy Shot Glasses
That’s when I came across one of my favorite candy – Jolly Ranchers and BOOM – this happened! These Jolly Rancher Edible Shot Glasses are sure to be a huge hit at our next party (perfect for New Year’s Eve)!!
What’s great is that they totally take on the Jolly Rancher flavor with whatever drink you put it them! Be aware, once they get wet, they do get sticky, so they are kind of a one and done kind of thing… but they sure are fun (and gorgeous!!)
Also, a couple of PRO-TIPS to be proactive – If you live in a location that is on the humid side, the glasses will probably be a little sticky! Not much we can do about that!
Second, with the first batch I made, when they came out of the oven, they were a bit tacky, but by the next morning, they weren’t anymore.
Now, if they get wet, they will get sticky! My second batch didn’t come out sticky at all! No rhyme or reason! Now….on to the how-to!! (see video below and FULL instructions after that!)
Here is what you need:
- Jolly Rancher candy – pick your favorite color – you will need around 13-14 per glass
- Silicon shot glass mold – I found mine here (click here)
How to make Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Fill each mold cavity with 13- 14 Jolly Ranchers. Alternate colors to get a cool stained glass effect
Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and put in your oven
Bake for approximately 9 minutes. You will want to watch the oven and remove the mold when the candy is all melted, but before it starts to bubble. If you do get some bubbles, just use a metal spoon to tap them out.
Remove from oven and let them cool completely in the mold. (when I took mine out, they started to bubble a bit. Again, I tapped them with my spoon to push down the bubbles.) Also, make sure they are all straight when cooling otherwise they will be lopsided.
Once completely cool, remove from mold and serve with your favorite drink or treat!
Jolly Rancher Shot Glass
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill each mold cavity with 13- 14 Jolly Ranchers. Alternate colors to get a cool stained glass effect
- Place the silicon mold on a cookie sheet and put in oven
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. You want to watch the oven and remove the mold when the candy is all melted, but before it starts to bubble.
- If you do get some bubbles, just use a metal spoon to tap them out.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the mold. (when I took mine out, they started to bubble a bit. Again, I tapped them with my spoon to push down the bubbles.) Also, make sure they are all straight when cooling otherwise they will be lopsided.
- Once completely cool, remove from mold and serve with your favorite drink or treat!
Want to see something else super cool – Check out one of my great friends, Happy Hooligans, post on Maple Syrup Snow Candy – totally trying this as soon as we get some snow!!
Originally posted December 2015.