So I have to admit that I have been a little obsessed lately with melting things! Ever since I made my Peppermint Candy Bowl and spoons made out of Peppermints, I cannot get enough! So when I stumbled upon a silicon shot glass mold (see it here), I just about flipped out! I found myself walking up and down the candy aisle at Target looking for things I could melt! That’s when I came across one of my favorite candy – Jolly Ranchers and BOOM – this happened! These Jolly Rancher Edible Shot Glasses are sure to be a huge hit at our next party (perfect for New Year’s Eve)!!
What’s great is that they totally take on the Jolly Rancher flavor with whatever drink you put it them! Be aware, once they get wet, they do get sticky so they are kind of a one and done kind of thing… but they sure are fun (and gorgeous!!) Also, a couple of side notes to be proactive – If you live in a location that is on the humid side, the glasses will probably be a little sticky! Not much we can do about that! Second, with the first batch I made, when they came out of the oven, they were a bit tacky, but by the next morning they weren’t anymore. Now, if they get wet, they will get sticky! My second batch didn’t come out sticky at all! No rhyme or reason! Now….on to the how to!! (see video below and FULL instructions after that!)
Here is what you need:
- Jolly Rancher candy – pick your favorite color – you will need around 13-14 per glass
- Silicon shot glass mold – I found mine here (click here)
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill each mold cavity with 13- 14 Jolly Ranchers. Alternate colors to get a cool stained glass effect
- Place the silicon mold on a cookie sheet and put in oven
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. You want to watch the oven and remove the mold when the candy is all melted, but before it starts to bubble.
- If you do get some bubbles, just use a metal spoon to tap them out.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the mold. (when I took mine out, they started to bubble a bit. Again, I tapped them with my spoon to push down the bubbles.) Also, make sure they are all straight when cooling otherwise they will be lopsided.
- Once completely cool, remove from mold and serve with your favorite drink or treat!
- ***** see my side notes above for some words of wisdom!!
Want to see something else super cool – Check out one of my great friends, Happy Hooligans, post on Maple Syrup Snow Candy – totally trying this as soon as we get some snow!!
Want to jump on board my melting obsession? Click on the pictures below!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!