Our Grinch Punch is an easy-to-make fizzy, fun, family drink inspired by a favorite holiday villain. This green party punch recipe requires only 4 ingredients plus garnish and in 10 minutes, you can be sipping the sweetest beverage filled with floating frothy sherbet–it’s a delicious cross between a drink and a dessert.
Perfectly Green Christmas Grinch Punch
This Grinch Punch is a must-make for your Christmas buffet or holiday party because it is fruity, festive, and fun in every sweet sip! I love the simplicity of this bubbly beverage recipe, which is a combination of lemon-lime soda, Hawaiian Punch, and pineapple juice poured over lime sherbet.
Then a quick dip of red sugar crystals to rim your glasses, and you’ve created the perfect Christmas-themed punch that tastes like a creamy citrus dessert drink with a festive flair.
Nothing looks merrier than a pretty punch bowl filled with green fizz and floating froth. It’s easy to alter this popular party punch with different sherbet flavors; let your kids create their own tasty treat and share some with the famous pot-bellied, pear-shaped, cat-like creature who may snatch our food, but can’t steal our Christmas spirit!
Why We Love This Grinch Punch Recipe
- Quick and easy to make with only 4 ingredients (plus optional garnish).
- Fizzy, family-friendly drink that’s fun to make with kids.
- Pretty on a party table and a delicious bubbly beverage!
- Flavorful drink that tastes like dessert.
- Recipe can easily be doubled to serve a crowd.
- Perfect punch for a Grinch-themed party, Christmas celebration, or St. Patrick’s day feast.
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Lime flavored sherbet
- Hawaiian Punch Green Berry Rush: If you cannot find the pre-made gallon of green Hawaiian Punch, you can use packets of green Kool-Aid as a substitute.
- Pineapple juice
- Lemon lime soft drink (Sprite, 7-Up, Slice or a generic version)
- Red sugar crystals (optional garnish for the edge of serving glasses)
Substitutions and Additions
- Switch The Sherbet: If no lime flavored sherbet is available, you can use pineapple, lemon, rainbow or twisted cactus sherbet and add drops of green food color.
- Garnish Your Glass: Add an additional festive Christmas touch to your Grinch Punch with other red garnishes. Sliced strawberries, cherries, or cranberries make the perfect holiday decorations.
- Add Some Alcohol: You can make a Grinch Punch cocktail by adding a bit of rum, vodka, Prosecco, or Champagne to your bubbly beverage. For adults only!
- Red Revision: Feel free to make a red version of this punch. You can use any red fruit based sherbet, fruit punch flavored Kool-Aid, pineapple juice, and lemon lime soft drink. Or, you can add a few drops of red food color and use green sugar crystals for coating the rim of your glasses.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Large punch bowl or mixing bowl
- Serving pitcher (if you do not serve in a punch bowl)
- Shallow bowl
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Grinch Punch
It is so easy to make this 4 ingredient green Grinch Punch that’s festively fizzy. With a simple red sugar-rimmed dip, each sweet sip tastes like a fruity beverage bursting with Christmas bliss!
- Add lime sherbet to a punch bowl or mixing bowl.
- Pour Hawaiian Punch, pineapple juice, and the soda over the sherbet.
Pro-Tip: You may want to add the soda that right before drinking so it doesn’t get flat or lose the carbonation.
- Dip the rim of each glass in water.
Pro-Tip: You can rub the rim of a glass lightly with corn syrup (instead of water) before dipping in the red sugar crystals if you prefer.
- Then place in a bowl of sugar crystals.
Pro Tip: Rotate the glass to completely coat the rim. Don’t add the red sugar crystals until you are ready to serve the punch.
- Ladle punch into red-rimmed glasses and enjoy!
- To Store: You can store any leftover punch in the refrigerator overnight, but the flavor will change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use another flavor of sherbet for this recipe. If you want to stay with the Grinch theme, simply add green food color to the sherbet. Otherwise, raspberry or orange sherbet pairs well with lemon-lime soda and will taste delicious.
You could make Grinch Punch with the addition of a creamy vanilla ice cream and add a few drops of green food color.
Feel free to use whatever you have on hand! If you have a large pitcher, it will work well or simply make it in a punch bowl and serve with a ladle.
The correct spelling and name is sherbet!
Other Easy Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Tree Brownie Cups
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Dirty Snowmen
- Melted Snowman Fudge
- DIY Peppermint Candy Spoons
- DIY Peppermint Candy Bowls
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake
- Melted Snowman Cookies
- 2 quarts lime flavored sherbet
- 64 ounces Hawaiian Punch green berry rush (½ gallon)
- 32 ounces pineapple juice (1 quart)
- 1 liter bottle lemon lime soft drink (Sprite, 7-Up, Slice or a generic version)
- 3.8 ounce container Red sugar crystals (optional garnish for the edge of serving glasses)
- Using either a large (1 ½ – 2 gallon) punch bowl, or an extra large mixing bowl, add the lime sherbert.
- Slowly pour in the Hawaiian Punch, pineapple juice and the soda over the sherbert.
- Pour the red sugar crystals into a shallow bowl.
- Dip just the rim of the glasses you serve the punch in. Allow the excess water to drip off. Place the dipped glass rim in the sugar, rotating the glass to completely coat the rim.
- Ladle the punch into a serving pitcher, if using an extra large mixing bowl, to serve. If using a punch bowl, ladle the punch into the prepared glasses just before serving.
- Don’t add the red sugar crystals until you are ready to serve the punch.
- You can rub the rim of a glass lightly with corn syrup (instead of water) before dipping in the red sugar crystals if you prefer.
- You may want to add the soda that right before drinking so it doesn’t get flat or lose the carbonation.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!