Everything Bagel Seasoning is a tasty blend of sesame and poppy seeds, onion, garlic, and salt that’s typically found on top of everything bagels. My copycat Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel recipe goes great on anything, and you can easily make it at home, saving time and money!
Copycat Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
Move over Ranch! There’s a new crowd favorite in town that goes great on just about anything. Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel Seasoning” is a heavenly blend of seeds and spices that’s usually found on top of everything bagels. It’s a staple at our house, and I found that I was buying it weekly, which really adds up! So, I decided to start making it for myself.
It’s so much cheaper to make at home and there’s no need to worry about it being sold out or the high price if you buy it online. It’s also super easy to make homemade! Everything Bagel Seasoning only requires 6 ingredients (which you can buy in bulk) and it can be made in a matter of minutes.
Why We Love This Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Copycat version tastes just like the original
- Perfect seasoning for eggs, avocado toast, chicken, fish and more
- Super quick and easy to make –it’s done in a few minutes
- More affordable than buying it Everything But the Bagel Seasoning at the store
- You can buy ingredients in bulk to save more
- Easy to double or triple the ingredients based on your needs
- Will keep in the pantry for up to 1 year
- White sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Dried minced garlic
- Coarse sea salt – You can substitute coarse kosher salt for coarse sea salt if you are unable to find the sea salt in your local grocer.
CSEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning at Home
I mean it when I say this is recipe is EASY. It can be put together in just a matter of minutes, and one batch will fill up a 1.5-pint mason jar. It’s enough to last you for a good while, even if your family is like mine, and puts it on everything.
- Toast the white and black sesame seeds.
Pro-tip: You can skip the toasting of your sesame seeds if you want. Toasting the seeds adds a great flavor but can be omitted and the seasoning blend will still be tasty.
- Mix together the toasted sesame seeds, onion, garlic, and salt.
- Mix well.
Pro-tip: You can use a, 2 cup, glass measure cup with a pour spout to mix this seasoning blend in. This makes it easier to pour into your storage container (½ pint mason jar) after you mix the spices together.
- Transfer mix to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Pro-tip: This seasoning blend can easily be halved or doubled according to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
This Everything Bagel Seasoning blend can be stored in the pantry, in a sealed jar, for up to 1 year. Since this lasts for so long, I love to double or triple my recipe and buy all of the ingredients in bulk!
You can use Everything Bagel Seasoning the traditional way, to top off homemade bagels! My 2-ingredients bagels are so easy and perfect when finished off with this seasoning. However, the uses for this pantry-staple don’t stop there. You can seriously use this on just about anything.
Some great ways to use this seasoning blend are on top of avocado toast, as a topping on homemade bread and pretzels, sprinkled over eggs, or to season grilled chicken! Another popular snack made with this seasoning is cut-up celery filled with cream cheese and sprinkled with Everything Bagel Seasoning. Yum!
Other Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Copycat)
- Bang Bang Shrimp (Copycat Bonefish Grill)
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce
- S’mores Bars – Copycat Starbucks
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- In a small, dry(no added oil) skillet, on medium-low heat, add the white and black sesame seeds. While constantly moving the seeds around, toast the seeds for 1-2 minutes being careful not to burn them.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds to a small bowl.
- Add the poppy seeds, onion, garlic and salt to the bowl with the sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Transfer the seasoning blend to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- You can skip the toasting of your sesame seeds if you want. Toasting the seeds adds a great flavor but can be omitted and the seasoning blend will still be tasty.
- You can use a, 2 cup, glass measure cup with a pour spout to mix this seasoning blend in. This makes it easier to pour into your storage container (½ pint mason jar) after you mix the spices together.
- This seasoning blend can easily be halved or doubled according to your needs.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!