What’s not to love about a chocolate muffin for breakfast? These chocolate raspberry breakfast muffins are one of my favorite weekend cheats. They are super moist, loaded with chocolate chips, and topped with raspberries and a sprinkle or two of powdered sugar.
Chocolate Raspberry Breakfast Muffins
I am all about eating a high protein healthy breakfast, but sometimes you just need to reward yourself for all of the good meals you are feeding your body. When I have a cheat day, you can bet these muffins make the cut.
Love muffins? Well how about BREAKFAST COOKIES! Princess Pinky Girl has these amazing 3-Ingredient Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies that your family will love (and your kids will think they are getting a “treat” for breakfast!)
What I like most about these muffins is that they are super moist. I can’t stand a dry cupcake or a dry muffin, those are the worst! These muffins will have you begging for more, and you might not get away with just eating one.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup raspberries
- powered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350.
- Add the flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and making soda to a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat egg, yogurt, milk, applesauce, and vegetable oil until smooth. Pour into large bowl with flour mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper lined muffin tin with mixture, about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from tin and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, scoop out the middle of the muffins and place raspberries into the center. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
The applesauce really helps keep these muffins moist, and the raspberries and powdered sugar top it all off for a delicious breakfast treat. Don’t like raspberries? That’s easy! These muffins are pretty amazing all by themselves.
Chocolate Breakfast Muffins
All things Easy Breakfast Recipes:
French Toast in a Mug is one of my kids all time favorite breakfasts. I love it too – it is fast and easy to make and only one dish to clean up – WOO HOO!
These make ahead breakfast Omelette Muffins are great. You can make a full batch at the beginning of the week and pop them in the refrigerator to use for the rest of the week!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!