Beer Cheese Dip is a super easy and delicious dip to make for any occasion. Quick to make (only 15 minutes tops!) The perfect party food appetizer for dipping pretzels, carrots, broccoli, tortillas, bread and more!
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
We are always looking for new party food ideas and this Beer Cheese Dip is one of our newest favorites.
The other night we were out for dinner and ordered this amazing appetizer. It was pub style cheese dip! OMG, they served it with these delicious soft pretzel bites. My family gobbled them up in no time.
So I thought that this would be the perfect game day recipe to serve at our Super Bowl party in a few weeks. For the past few years, we started doing our party with only appetizers and desserts. I mean seriously, who needs the main meal? All everyone really wants is the pre-dinner and post-dinner treats! Right?
Appetizers are my favorite recipes to make and I have been on a total dip trip lately.
The best dip recipes:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – Popular!
- Warm and Cheesy Taco Dip
- The Best Brownie Batter Dip – Dessert Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Nacho Cheese Dip – Easy Recipe!
- Chili Cheese Dip – 2-Ingredients and 5 Minutes!
Ingredients Needed to Make Beer Cheese Dip
- Your favorite beer (I used Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- Cream cheese
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Monterey jack cheese
- Garlic salt
- Bacon crumbles, for garnish
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
How to Make Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
Place the cream cheese and beer to your pan. Over medium heat melt cream cheese together with beer. Whisk together until well combined.
When cream cheese is completely melted, add garlic salt, paprika, extra sharp cheddar, and Monterey jack cheeses, stirring continuously until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with additional shredded cheese bacon crumbles if desired.
Serve with pretzels, veggies or bread for dipping.
If you want to keep the dip warm throughout your party, you can transfer the dip to a small crockpot and keep it on low heat or even on the warm setting.
Does Beer Cheese Dip Have Alcohol?
Technically you use beer in the beer cheese dip, however, the alcohol cooks out of the cheese dip and you cannot get intoxicated from eating beer cheese dip!
In the off chance that not all of the alcohol cooks out, there is not enough alcohol to get you even the least bit drunk.
What Can You Dip in Beer Cheese Dip
There are no limits to what you can serve with your beer cheese dip! We love everything from soft homemade pretzels, tortillas, carrots, cauliflower, celery, bread. The possibilities are seriously endless.
One of our favorite things to do with our cheese dip is to hollow out a bread and make a bread bowl! The presentation is amazing!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 12 oz beer (Use your favorite, I used Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Bacon crumbles (for garnish)
- Shredded cheese (for garnish)
- Add cream cheese and beer to pan.
- Over medium heat melt cream cheese together with beer. Whisk together until well combined.
- When cream cheese is completely melted, add garlic salt, paprika, extra sharp cheddar, and Monterey jack cheeses, stirring continuously until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with additional shredded cheese bacon crumbles if desired.
- Serve warm with pretzels, veggies or bread for dipping.
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!